chapter 5

Jaden smith who will play Jaheim ----------->

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"JUKI TAYLOR!" I screamed

"Calm down Alisa!"

You know him ma'am?" asked PC Dean. I stared at him; he looked like he was in his early twenties and had the finest caramel skin ever with those gorgeous brown eyes, I wonder what he was doing in the police force. I swear, I’m also shocked girls aren't crawling all over him. He called me ma'am, it felt strange to be called that, no one respected a kid from the hood.

"Ma'am?" I realised I was staring. I quickly nodded.

"I had an argument with him this afternoon and I...I kicked between his legs, I guess he must have took that out on my brother." he jotted this down in his notepad.

"What was the argument about?" Not knowing what to say, I just shrugged trying to think up a lie on the spot.

"What was the argument about?" he repeated.

"He called me a bitch and said I belonged in the kitchen. I wasn't happy." PC Dean didn’t look convinced, but said I had to come to the station to leave my statement. My mum told them to leave me alone, but my uncle calmed her down. PC dean said he will drop me off home. So we left.

After giving my statement, PC Dean dropped me off and told me I didn't need to get in anymore troubled.

“Why did you call me ma’am?” I asked it’s been bugging me, so I had to ask. He looked confused.

“At the hospital you called me ma’am. Why?” he laughed

“Because no one should be judged by where they come from, I try to treat everyone the same regardless of which side of town they came from.” Smiling, I thanked him and walked in. Mum wasn't home, I guess she was still at the hospital, I sent her a quick message telling her I was home.

Quickly I went upstairs and lay on my bed, replaying what had happened in the last 24 hours: arrested, questioned, ran away, brother was shot, questioned again. Wow my life is full of too much drama.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Two days later, my brother was home, I still hadn't had the chance to ask who my mom was on the phone with.

"Alisa! Get yourself downstairs." What have I done now? I walked into the living room to find my brother sprawled on the sofa watching TV; my mom took the remote and turned the TV off.

"Jaheim, Alisa, you know I love both of you very much. I kno-

"Mum it’s ok, we understand we are too much of a burden for you, so you’re shipping us off," My mum’s eyes widened.

"Is this true mum?" Jaheim asked as he tried to sit up,

"How do you know? That's beside the point and no, no your not a burden to me, You have to understand this neighbour is too dangerous for you."

"No its not."

"Oh really" my mum crossed her arms and gave me the typical black mother look, when they stare at you in disbelief “you’ve been arrested twice and my son has been shot. Really girl?"

"So where you shipping us off to mum?" me and my brother said in unison.

"I called your father about five nights ago" that’s who she was speaking too "I told him, I want you to come and live with him...in England." wooah England "You'll have a better secure future there,"

"But mum we hardly know the man we haven't seen him in ten years, I know you talk to our brother, but still I’m not sure I want to go" My brother told mum, saying what I was about to say.

"Well you have no choice you plane leaves tomorrow night 11pm"

"WHAT" I stood up "you can't do that-

"No you listen to me Alisa, I’m your mother and yes I can, now sit yourself down." calming down a bit, I sat myself down.

"No mum, that isn't fair why do I have to go as well, if it wasn't for her stupidity we wouldn't have to leave" Jaheim stood up and walked off wincing with every step he took. I looked back at mum who was looking at me desperately trying to make me understand.

"Please, you have to realise, I'm not doing this for me. I’m doing this for both for you" I hugged her and started to think about the things I need to take to England. England couldn't be that bad, my teacher at school, Mrs Maser is British and talks about how great the weather is, the summer, festivals and whatnot. Who knows I may enjoy England.