chapter 6

OK I was wrong, the weather in England official sucks, it’s been raining non-stop and my father hadn't bother to arrive. I am so nervous, that I can't stop moving. Jaheim had sat down in one of the seats; I don't blame him, he looked ill, I feel so bad.

Mum had driven us to the airport and given us each a present and told us not to open it until we got to England. She hugged us goodbye and I could see her eyes welling up as she left us. She made me promise to look after Jaheim. Jaheim hasn't spoken one word to me since we left. For some weird reason, we had flown first class. There must have been some mistake with the ticket but we weren't complaining.

"Miss Darius."

"Yes" I turned around to see an Asian man dressed in a penguin suit looking at me.

"Oh I'm Jahl, your father's driver, please come with me."

"Hell no! How do I know you’re my father's driver and not some stranger. I may be American but I am not stupid." I doubt he was a pervert, but a girl can't be too sure. He smiled at me, then took out his phone and dialled a number; I'm guessing he's calling my dad. After a few minutes he gave me the phone.

"Yo"

"Hello"

"Mum?"

"I see you have met Jahl"

"You know Jahl?" but it sounded more like Jargghlll.

"Yes he has been your father’s driver for the past 11 years, you don't remember? Of course, I don't expect you to" I talked some more with mum, but finally gave Jahl back his phone. I tried to pick up me and jaheim's bag but Jahl insisted and led us to the car. The rain had stopped, but the sky was looking gloomy.

DAMMMNNN! Was all I could say. First a first class ticket, now a Land Rover. Who is this person claiming to be our dad?

"Jahl, how come dad didn't come to pick us up?" I asked him as we drove away from the airport.

"He's busy, but he will be home, by the time you get there." he replied in his British accent. It sounded cute, not as I imagined, always thought all British people were posh. Stealing a glance at Jaheim, he was looking out the window clearly deep in thought or maybe he just doesn't want to talk to you. I knew he was still pissed off with me, but sometimes I can't control what I do.

"Miss Darius... wake up we are home." yawning I rubbed my eyes, stepped out of the car and looked at my surrounding. 

"Only shit! ...sorry" I mumbled.

"But this-place-is-off-da-hook! Damn" I shouted as I stared at the three storey house, with the big fountain out front to the stairs that led to the house.

"Ermmm Jahl... Are we at Buckingham palace?" he chuckled that did sound like a stupid question.

"No this is your new home."

"Are you sure? Because no one can afford this except if they robbed a bank or something" I went round the other side and tried to help Jaheim out.

"I'm fine, I don't need your help" He spat at me through gritted teeth. Does this boy want a slap who does he think he's talking to? If he weren't for the fact that he was injured, I would have slapped the crap out of him. We made our way inside and straight away, I am greeted by some woman.

"Hello I'm laurel, your stepmother" step what, looking at a tall black woman, with curly hair and a nice smile.

"Your father will be with you in a moment but why don't I let a couple of maid show you and your brother to your rooms?" the maids picked up our bags as we made our way upstairs. This place was huge. My brother was taken to his room and then I was taken to mine, it wasn't what I expected. It had: a huge bathroom and toilet, massive king-size bed with the most inviting pillows, a large plasma TV screen, a working table and a mini fridge.