chapter 9

DIGGY POV

"Today we are starting a new topic algebra!!" we all moaned, one thing I hated more than anything was maths. History, science I was good at Maths it was like another language. SLAM!

"Sorry I'm late" Alisa walked in, looking pretty pissed. She looked me, then the empty seat next to me and shrugged. OUCH! Was I some sort of leper? She scanned the classroom for an empty seat but quickly found none. She looked my way again and I flashed her, my best smile. She rolled her eyes as she popped herself next to me.

"Alisa Darius" MR Lee  pushed his glasses down and rolled his eyes at Alisa. He continued speaking and then I noticed something odd on Alisa.

"Erm Alisa why are you wearing gloves inside? I mean it’s not that co-"

"Shhh!" she told me, Man this girl is rude!

"Mr James is there a problem?"

"No sir, I was just asking Alisa why she was" Alisa gave me a pleading look not to blow her cover. 

"Why she was late to class. Sorry Mr Lee."  God why am I giving in to this girl? I mean she was just rude to me a minute ago.

"Thanks" she mumbled. MR Lee continued explaining the concept of Algebra and I could feel my mind drifting away.

"Miss Darius, could you please come and work out this equation on the board?" Alisa eyes widened, I wondered why, she sucked at history, and surely she didn't suck at maths as well. I mean looking at the board, even I could do this equation. Then I looked at her hands and realised she was wearing gloves.

"I'll rather not sir" she replied.

Oops big mistake!” I whispered to her.  The whole class murmured. I kinda pity her because she was new, because no one says NO to Mr Lee. If he asks you to do something and you say no, you earn yourself an hour off detention on Saturday morning while everyone else has a lie in. Mr Lee walked up to our table and Alisa hastily tucked her hands under the table, but I could tell Mr Lee had seen the gloves.

"Miss Darius, please take off your gloves."

"This will be a day to remember!" Katie and Jacob laughed. We had a seating plan in maths, but unfortunately I had no partner until Alisa. The whole class was now staring at what was going down between Mr Lee and Alisa.

"Miss Darius, do not let me repeat it" Alisa slowly began taking her gloves off. The whole class gasped.

"OMG what the fuck happened to her hands?"