chapter 22

Jojo's workers patted him on the back shook his hands as he walked down the office corridor. He had received yet another promotion and would be getting a pay rise as well as his own office. His first initial thought was too rent an apartment and then call his brother to tell him the good news. Just as he was about to the dial the number a call came in.

"Hello."

"It's me...Alisa...it's...Diggy, he's in hospital." she was sobbing and her voice constantly breaking

"I'm coming." Jojo rushed out of the office and jumped into his car as he sped off to the hospital, hoping his brother was ok.

Alisa POV

"What happened to him Alisa?!" Jojo was running towards me with a worried expression. Me, my dad, shanice and jacob were sat in the waiting room while Diggy was being operated on. He had a blood clot that needed to be removed immediately unless he'll die. My dad explained everything to Jojo because I was too upset to speak. The incident kept replaying in my mind over and over again.

Shanice and Jacob patted my shoulder as they left to get drinks. Jacob was being nice to me, I guess at a time like this it's not hard to forget your troubles and focus on what’s important: Diggy. I burst out crying again after watching a family received bad news about their loved ones. Jojo came to sit next to me as we comforted each other while my father stroked my hair.

"I can't lose him dad, I've lost too many people"

"You know what will make you feel better, prayer. It's what we can do at a time like this." I closed my eyes and talked to god.

'Hello god it's me Alisa, I know we don't talk often and it's my fault. Isn't it funny how some of us only remember you at our time of needs? You are amazing god and you don't get angry at humans for forgetting. I guess you know why I wanna talk to you. Daniel James is like on that table half with you half with us; please don't take him away just yet. Who will Jojo have or me?" I smiled as the tears fell from my eyes this time remembering all the memories I shared with him: from the early days when I was rude to him, when we danced, when we had our date, first kiss, when we made love.

>>>>>>> 

"Family of Mr. Daniel James?" We all stood up and walked over to the doctor.

"Good news, he is out of the danger zone. However he has suffered a lot of injuries broken leg, broken arm, two broken ribs, and a blow to the head and eye, broken nose and several bruises all over the body. It's a miracle he pulled through, also at times his memory may be a bit distorted but that's perfectly normal and temporary." We all sighed a relief and I sent a thank you to god.

"You can go in and see him but Mr. James may I see you for a second." Jojo followed the doctor while I went to see Diggy. He looked so broken I wanted to cry but I had to pull myself up and remember he is out of danger. I kissed the top of his forehead while he gently snoozed.

"I love you Daniel James." I whispered in his ears

Meanwhile...

"Mr. James please have a sit." Jojo etched nervously as he sat down on the leather sofa. He knew the news he was about to be given is not good.

“Please calm down, I have been your doctor for quite a while and remember when you brought your mother unfortunately she wasn't so lucky but you're brother he pulled through. I know you won't tell me what’s going on at home but the least you can do something about it. Please do before it’s too late I don't think this is a coincidence that your mum and brother suffered similar injuries. As a doctor I should report to the police but I believe you're old enough to know what is right." Jojo nodded before walking out. He realised the doctor was right if he didn’t do something soon, Diggy would be dead. He took out his phone and called the one number he promised Diggy he wouldn’t call.