chapter 12

Wiping the tears from my eyes, I made my way to my room.

"Miss Darius, please make your way to Mrs Cousins’ office right now! You are in big trouble" Crap! I turned to see Mrs Jarvis our dorm mistress, standing with her hands to her hips, she looked pissed off.

I knocked on Mrs Cousin's office.

"Please come in" I poked my head through the door and seen Katie and Georgia sitting on the brown chair with Katie holding an ice patch to her eye and Georgia comforting her. I sighed and sat down on the other chair that was in the room.

"Miss Darius, I am led to believe you physically assaulted Miss Vander here. Is it true?" Mrs Cousins took off her glasses and rested her hands on the table.

"Yes Miss Cousins" I replied fumbling with my fingers

"Why?"

"Because she-

"She’s just evil miss, look at what she did to my poor best friend" Georgia interrupted rubbing Katie’s back. I was about to make a comment but Mrs Cousins beat me to it.

"Excuse me Georgia would you please be quiet, you have had your say." Georgia scowled as Katie whimpered like a dog. Oh come on!

"She turned my hand cream blue, I don't know how and then she and Jacob made up some rumours which weren't true about me." I told her showing her my hands. She inspected them.

"Is this true Katie?"

"No I would never do that to her" Katie replied, still holding her face. I turned to her.

"Then who did? You’re the only one that has access to my stuff and also I found my top drawer opened when I came in last night and I swear I haven't touched it in two days" Katie looked speechless trying to find something to say. Mrs Cousins looked between us and knew I was right.

"Katie, you can buy Alisa a new hand cream and make sure that you don't touch any of her things in the future. I am putting you under dorm arrest for a week. You are not to go in the social or any other place except from class and I will be checking with Mrs Jarvis. You may go" Katie and Georgia stood up and walked out.

"Now you Alisa, I am disappointed in you for hurting another student. We are like a family in this school and I expect you to understand that. People will say things to you but that gives you no right to hurt other people. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt since you were provoked and put you as well under house arrest. I understand you have detention from Mr Lee on Saturday morning, I will be adding an extra hour to that. You may go" I nodded and made my way out.

"Alisa, I know it isn't going to be easy for you here and that’s fine, but if you ever need someone to talk to I'm here. If you feel yourself getting angry, just ask the teacher for five minutes outside. I will alert your teachers and let them know." I nodded again. As I stepped out of her office, I walked into some girl.

"Watch out" she said to me.

"Wait you're that girl that punched Katie in the eye aren't you?" I looked up to see a pretty mixed race girl with long black hair smiling at me. 

"Yes" she laughed

"Sorry my bad I'm Shanice and you are?"

"Alisa"

"Ah you're the famous Alisa" I was confused.

"How do you know?" I asked her.

"Don’t worry about it. So I'm guessing you're in trouble huh?"

"Yeah" I replied

"Listen if you wanna hang out with me and my group at lunch time and after school tomorrow that’s fine because anyone that is an enemy of Katie is cool with me." we both laughed, but then I remembered.

"Oh lunchtime I can do, but not afterschool. I'm on house arrest."

"Ouch" she scrunched up her face "that's too bad how long for?" 

"A week"

"That’s fine because next week, we going out, but I'll tell you all about it at lunchtime tomorrow. Nice to meet you Alisa"

"You too" I shouted after her. For the first time today I smiled realising I just made my first friend after two weeks of being here.