chapter 8

DIGGY POV

I sauntered into history with Jacob, just as the bell went.

"Hurry up you two!" Mr Schmidt told us giving us a look through is ancient glasses, as he began writing today's objective, just I was about to sit down I found a girl sitting in my seat. She was fine! With that smooth chocolate skin, big brown eyes. What’s not to like?

"What the fuck do you think you’re doing? You better stand up and go sit somewhere else." Jacob told her, there were ooohs and aaaahs from our classmates.

"Hell no! Why don't you go and sit where there’s space. As you can see this seat is taken. So BAT, get that into your thick head." I chuckled, this girl was feisty and her American accent was a turn on.

"Class quieten down, Mr William and Mr James is there a problem?"

"No Sir" We both replied in unison. Jacob got really up close to American girl.

 "You just made the biggest mistake ever." she smirked at him, as me and Jacob went to sit in the two empty seat next to the giant window that looked out to the mini church. Mr Schmidt continued talking to the class, but I couldn't keep my eyes off her. She caught me one time and I swear if looks could kill, I would definitely, without a doubt be dead right now.

"Mr James, do you find anything more interesting than me?" I turned towards Mr Schmidt.

"No sir, I only have eyes for you." the whole class was howling.

"If so, please read, the first verse of this poem" clearing my throat, I began.

Half a league, half a league,
 Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
 Rode the six hundred.
"Forward, the Light Brigade!
"Charge for the guns!" he said:
Into the valley of Death
 Rode the six hundred.

 "Alisa Darius"

"Yes sir" Pretty girl replied, that’s her name. Alisa.

"Please tell us what the poem is about"

"I...I don't know"

"Have you not been listening?"

"YEh, but still-"

"No Buts Alisa, I want you to write me a 1500 word essay on what the charge of the light brigade is about" I heard Jacob say serves her right. "Can anyone tell me what it’s about?"

Jacob put his hands up as he smirked at Alisa, she scowled at him. There’s a lot of friction going on between these two, I don't know why. Does Jacob like her?

"Mr Williams please enlighten us."

"The poem tells the story of a brigade consisting of 600 soldiers who rode on horseback into the “valley of death” for half a league (about one and a half miles). They were obeying a command to charge the enemy forces that had been seizing their guns."

"Well done Mr Williams but you can write me a 1000 essay on the poem since you seem to know so much about it"

"What? THAT isn't fair!"

"Should I make it 2000?" Jacob sank back in his seat. Mr Schmidt must really hate students, no one said anything for the rest of the lesson and when the bell went, everyone handed their homework in and made their way out. The rest of the day went by as usual but I kept thinking about Alisa. By the time the final bell went, Jacob was in a bad mood and pissed off Mr Schmidt had given him an essay to write. 

I stopped by my locker and looked to my right to see Alisa struggling to open hers, checking myself out in the mini mirror in my locker; I walked over to her checking her out in her mini black shirt, knee length socks, and black DM. She had her hair packed back and was wearing blue glasses.

"Let me help you with that" she looked at me and continued trying to open her locker.

"No thanks, I can manage"

"let me introduce myself, I'm Daniel but you can call me Diggy as my friends call me Diggy, what about you?" she finally opened her locker, placed her book in, closed it and gave me the once over.

“you did not just ask me for my name, Daniel" emphasising the D in my name.

"Your attitude sucks and its going to get you in trouble, big time here." she kissed her teeth at me.

"Thanks, it’s a trait of mine because trouble is my middle name. Excuse me I have to go, after all I have a 1500 essay to write." she walked off.

"See you around" I shouted after her, chuckling to myself. Having nothing better to do, I decided to go see Shanice, my best girl friend. I have known her since we were two. Turning the corner into the girl’s dorm, I heard Jacob talking to someone.

"Make sure you mix it well, she chose the wrong person to mess with."

"You know, I'll do it after all I am her roommate, but for a little price" That sounds like Katie. Damn that girl was a bitch. He was probably trying to get Harriet back, after she mistakenly poured her dinner over him, but Jacob didn't need to be that mean.

"Name it." 

"Come with me"

"You know if I get caught-

"Don’t worry about it, I am Mrs Jarvis favourite girl." next thing I heard was the door shutting. As I walked past, I had the urge to barge in, but I knew it weren't going to be a pretty sight. Shaking my head I made my way to Shanice's dorm. I sighed; that boy was a top player.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

As I lay down on my bed, looking through my iPod, Jacob came in.

"Where you been?"

"Writing my essay"

"Oh really, I'm guessing the computer, put those lipstick mark on your t-shirt." he winked at me as he jumped on his bed.

"Man I’m tired and hungry, all I wanna do is eat, but I missed dinner" Jacob picked the magazine from his bedside table and began flicking through it. I handed him the sandwich I got him.

"Thanks bro, how do you know?" I ignored him pretending I didn't hear what he said, what he did was his business but sometimes he takes it too far, but whatever he planned, it's going to be hilarious tomorrow, Harriet is going to flip.