Chapter 17

SHANICE POV

I stared at Alisa's stomach in disbelief. She had little scars on her stomach. All of a sudden I felt bad for what I said. I just thought she was being a good girl. I mean who comes to a bar and orders Apple Juice. But I'm not a bitch, I just speak my mind, but I never think about the consequences of my action.

Knowing she heard every word that I said, I ran after her. Then I got angry that she wouldn't open the door and said some more shit. Why couldn’t I keep my mouth shut? When she came out, I thought she was going to swing for me. I didn't know who was going to win because this was girl was a full fledge ghetto girl and me I know I come from a dangerous neighbour too: Hackney. However it’s nothing compared to hers. From what I heard from one of my relatives in America, Brooklyn was dangerous to the max.

When she lifted up her top, I thought WTF is she doing flashing at me. But then I saw the scars and couldn't take my eyes off them. She lifted her dress back down and went to the mirror.

"What the hell was that?"

"Just know that's the reason, I don't want to drink" She replied, giving me evils

"What? You cut yourself, when you had your very first drink" I said to her, feeling a little bit guilty, but she can't just show me that and not expect me to demand answers.

"Sorry it just came out, what happened to you girl?"

"I'm not your girl" Alisa looked at me again. I felt slightly worried, if she was cutting herself I need to know, no wonder why she turned to the corner when I told her to take her top off. I thought she was just embarrassed of her own body.

"Alisa I'm sorry for what I said, Ok? I was just kidding around; I know I can be a bitch. I just thought you were being stuck-up because you have money and you thought you were far better than us." Alisa scoffed and put her hands on her chest.

"Me, stuck-up? Seriously I grew up in Brooklyn, I'm the least stuck-up person you know and you of all people should understand that"

"I know I'm sorry." I hopped onto the washing hand basin table. She sighed and took of her heels before jumping up and sitting next to me. We remained in silent for another minute.

"Alisa, what happened to you?" she was quiet for about a second before she started talking.

"When I was about eight, my mum started dating this man called Roger. He treated my mum well, bought her gifts and things. He even bought us gifts; he was like a dad to me. He used to call me his little princess. But then it all changed, he and my mum had a heated argument; I don't know what it was about. My mum told him, her children came first no matter what. Roger didn't like that, so one day, he came round our house drunk as hell. My mum tried to stop him from coming in, but roger wasn't taking no for an answer. He barged past my mum and in the process shoved her and she fell and hit her head on the table, making her unconscious. By then I had heard what was going on and had come downstairs. Roger went into our fringe and got out a bottle, he turned around and saw me standing there, he called me his little princess and straight away I started backing against the wall, he was staring at me in a creepy way. Lord I was so scared..." Her voice started breaking and we both looked like we wanted to cry. I urged her to continue.

"He grabbed me and started touching me up, but I was kicking and screaming and since he was drunk, and I knocked the bottle out of his hands. He got angry and called be a little bitch, he grabbed me again and pushed me, I fell on the broken glass. I swear the pain was horrific, I could feel the glass cutting through my stomach and the pain was so unbearable I passed out. I woke up in hospital 4 days later, with my mum sitting next to me. She told me, that if it wasn't for our neighbour who had seen Roger banging on our door and had called the police. They arrested him and he got sent to prison and we haven’t heard from him since then. I-I..."

I hugged her, we were both crying. I felt like shit, I really did. Realising I shouldn't have said those things to her. It was thoughtless. She continued crying for a good minute; she must have been keeping that bottled in for a while. Alisa pulled away from me.

"I know it’s a stupid reason not to drink, but that day when I saw him turn vicious, he was like a whole new person, and it scared me so so much. So I vowed I wasn't going to drink. I didn't want to turn like that. Although I know its one drink, still I don't care." she wiped away the tears and I walked into one of the toilet and got us some tissues.

"I'm so sorry Alisa, I feel really bad, and it’s not a stupid reason. I swear I'm not going to tell anyone. I promise. If you ever need to talk to someone I’m here for you." I hugged her again. A group of girls came into the toilet, laughing. So me and Alisa washed our face, put our heels back on and stepped out of the toilet. The club was in full swing now. People were dancing, grinding, flirting and buying drinks at the bar.

Holding Alisa's hand, we walked over to our group. They looked at us with concern because we both looked like we had been crying. Especially Diggy, who gave me a thumbs up and I nodded.

Since the day that we met girlI aint never had anyone make me feel this wayAnd my heart is sure it wants to be with youWanna give you the whole worldohIf you make the promise to me, You're gonna stayWithout you guiding me, I'm lost and so confused
What will it take to show you I'll be by your side

Ne-yo came on and Diggy asked Alisa to dance, she looked over at me and I smiled. She nodded at Diggy as he led her onto the dance floor. They had their arms wrapped around each other as they slow dance. She rested her head on diggy's shoulder.

"Yo Shanice. What happened in the toilet? You two made up quickly, I'm guessing she heard everything we said" Jacob laughed. He and Georgina started snogging. I shook my head, I don't know what’s going on with Georgina but she's acting like a real bitch lately.

Turning my head the other way, I looked at Alisa and Diggy, they both looked happy. I know they like each other and they both deserve a chance at happiness, they've been through so much. Chuckling to myself I continued sipping  on my drink as I made conversation with Don Chen.