Chapter 3

As I walked out of the common room, I tried shifting my mind to think where Ginny could be. The only place I could think of would be the girls lavatories, so I decided to head there.

As soon as I stepped in, I heard sniffling. It was patently obvious it was Ginny's because she wasn't trying to hide it.

"Ginny?"

"Listen, Jocie. I'm sorry for flipping out on you. I don't know why I said yes. It's not like I fancy him or anything, he just looked, sad, I guess. I don't know."

"Don't apologize, it really isn't a big deal. But... we still need to pick out our dresses.."

"Bloody hell! I totally forgot!"

She ran out of the stall and grabbed my hand, and we ran back to our dorms.

~~~~~~~~~~

"What do you think about this one?"

I turned around and saw Ginny standing there in a beautiful topless, sheer, black gown, with black flowers imbedded all over it. I never thought Ginny would be the type to wear black, but she looked absolutely gorgeous in it.

"Ginny, you look stunning."

"You think so? I wasn't sure if I liked the black that much, but it's growing on me. But Jocie, you need to hurry up and pick a dress! I'm sure you'd look great in any of them."

"I was thinking about this one," I said while holding up the dress.

"Oh it's so pretty! Try it on!"

After a few minutes of trying to get the dress on, I stepped closer to the mirror and looked at myself. I actually did look quite nice.

"Woah. You look amazing," Ginny grinned.

I smiled at her and gave her a small hug. I had always loved picking out dresses for the ball, it was just part of the experience.

"What do you think I should do with my hair?"

I twirled it around with my fingers wondering what would look best. As much as I wanted Harry to think I looked good, I wasn't going to let him or my thoughts tell me what to do.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting to do this. May I?"

She reached up to touch my hair with lilacs in her hands.

"Of course," I replied.

"Great! I'm just going to make a quick little- and then put the flowers in it and- perfect!"

I looked in the mirror and was pleasantly surprised when I saw that my hair was neatly done in a style she knew I would love.

"Oh my- this is beautiful. How did you do that so quickly?"

"I've been practicing."

She gave me the biggest smile and I couldn't help but smile back. I knew that tomorrow was going to be amazing.

authors note:
i know some people won't like the dress i described for Ginny, but that's just what i like, sorry. also, in case anyone was wondering, jocie's name is pronounced 'joe-see' not 'jos-ee' LOL. also again lol- i didn't describe jocie's dress bc i wanted to leave it up to you to imagine the dress u like. :)