Chapter 17

"Uh- Hi?" Ginny snapped.

"What are you doing up here?" I whispered.

"I was about to ask you the same thing," she scoffed as she crossed her arms.

I furrowed my brows and gaped at her in disbelief. She wasn't acting herself whatsoever.

"Whatever. Let's just go to the room of requirement, Noah."

Noah winked at me and I gasped. I was in complete shock. This wasn't the Ginny I knew.

I turned to face Harry, my head racing with horrifying thoughts.

"What do you think that was all about?" I murmured.

"I'm not sure," Harry replied.

We gave each other concerned looks and I put my head on his shoulder. He stroked my hair for a while, and then he put his head in my lap, and I played with his hair as we stared at the stars. I tried forgetting about Ginny, I would deal with her later.

"Why don't we do this more often?" Harry said as he looked up at me.

"I don't know, school maybe?" I replied.

"I know, but I didn't realize how much I missed you."

"I was thinking the same thing."

He sat up and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before gazing into my eyes. He look so concentrated when he stared at me, like he was trying to read me or something, but I found it oddly enchanting.

"You're perfect, Jocie."

I could feel my cheeks turn pink and I couldn't help but smile.

"You know, you're the first person who's ever told me that," I responded.

"What? You've got to be joking," Harry scoffed.

"No, actually. All the boys I've dated have just been complete arses. They just wanted me for my body."

"Have you ever.. done it?"

I laughed and looked at him with a smile on my face.

"No. You?" I giggled.

"No- but I've had many chances," he assured.

"Oh I'm sure," I teased while playing with his hoodie strings.

I started to giggle and he just stared at me with his mouth hanging open.

"I'm just saying!"

He started laughing as well as he stood up, and he reached for my hand. I grabbed it and he helped me up.

"Accio radio."

"What are you doing?" I questioned.

The radio came flying toward us and Harry flicked it on. The moment the music started playing I recognized it instantly.

"Hey, isn't this the song that played at the Yule Ball?"

"Yeah, it is."

He put one of his hands on my waist and put my own hand in his other. His hands were soft, but there was something about them that made you able to see everything they've been through. I couldn't even begin to imagine what Harry had had to deal with over the past six years, but I was sure it was burdensome.

We started swaying to the music and it was like our first dance all over again. I got the same butterflies, and I really tried to enjoy the moment.

I loved Harry, too. I just didn't know when the right time was to tell him.

~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the sound of Ginny coming into our dorm. I checked the time and had to catch my breath at how surprised I was.

"Ginny, we have class in 3 hours!"

"Shhh!"

She was giggling and tripping over everything, and I knew something was wrong.

"Are you drunk?" I whispered loudly.

I sat up in my bed and watched her as she continued to giggle and stumble. I tried to grasp the idea of Noah getting Ginny drunk, but I couldn't. Ginny was a determined, self-assertive, gutsy, bad bitch. There was no possibility that she would let a boy do anything to her.

"Of course! Not! Me and Noah just had a little fun, but I don't really like boys."

I sat there with my heart pounding, just praying that she didn't mean what she just said. There was no way.

"What do you mean, fun?" I asked nervously.

"Well we took our pants off and he-"

"What? Were you drunk the whole time?" I exclaimed quietly.

"Uh.. I don't remember," she replied sheepishly.

I stood up and walked over to her.

"Ginny, I- do you know what this means? He took advantage of you- you can't be with him anymore."

She quickly turned around and slapped me.

"What the fuck Ginny!" I shrieked.

She gave me a disgusted look and shoved me into my bed posts.

"Stop! You're not thinking straight! That stupid boy is ruining you, and I'm not going to sit back and watch you become a monster!"

She glared at me and I saw tears starting to form in her eyes.

"He loves me. No one has ever loved me like him."

"He doesn't love you, Ginny. He's using you."

"Shut up! Just shut up! For once in your life! I'm sick of you're bullshit, Jocie. It's always 'Ginny this and Ginny that.' Do I look like I care? I don't. I never cared about you. Leave me alone."

I could feel the tears start to trickle down my face. I stared at her as she started punching her pillow.

I grabbed my own pillow and ran down to the common room with tears streaming down my face, and I saw Harry laying on the couch.

"Harry?"

"Jocie? Hey, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I- something's wrong with Ginny. Noah took advantage of her, and she told me she didn't care about me and I just-"

He walked over to me and pulled me into a hug. I rested my head on his chest and cried. That was all I needed, I didn't want him to try and comfort me.

"She didn't mean it, Jocie."

"Drunk words are sober thoughts," I mumbled.

"That's just a saying. That Noah guy is just getting in her head."

I nodded my head as I let go of him and sat on the couch.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?"

"Of course."

We climbed onto the couch and I snuggled up against him. I knew I wasn't going to be able to get any sleep, but I enjoyed cuddling Harry.

As I laid there, I came to the conclusion that I have never loved anyone as much as I love Harry. Every single one of his flaws, I found absolutely perfect. There was absolutely nothing about him that I didn't love, and if I'm being completely honest, it was a bit scary, as I could become thoroughly obsessed, but I suppose it was already too late.