Chapter 28

I walked into my dorm beaming as I started to giggle. I had probably had one of the best days ever, and I couldn't have been happier. I truly loved Harry, and I knew it was time to tell him, but I wanted to make it special.

"Where have you been? Didn't you hear?" Ginny said, sounding furious as I walked in.

I sat down on my bed slowly, as I could feel my heart start to race. I looked at her skeptically as her cheeks got more and more red.

"Hear what?" I asked nervously.

"Bellatrix Lestrange escaped from Azkaban."

My heart instantly dropped as my jaw hung open in shock and fear.

"And she's- well- she's-"

"She's what?" I asked.

I looked at Ginny with fear in my eyes. Whatever she needed to say wasn't going to be anything good.

I never really knew much about Bellatrix, but I knew that she tortured Neville's parents into insanity, so I definitely had a reason to hate her. She was terrifying, really.

"She's after you for some reason," Ginny said as best she could.

My heart felt as though it dissolved in my chest. I had absolutely no connection to Bellatrix, why would she want to kill me?

"Wh- why?" I asked as my heart raced even faster.

"I have no idea, but you need to leave, Jocie," Ginny stated as tears started to trickle down her cheeks.

"What do you mean leave?" I asked, looking at her like she was insane.

I could feel tears start to form in my eyes. This couldn't be happening, I had just had the best day with Harry- it didn't make sense.

Bellatrix Lestrange? After me? I really couldn't understand. But then it clicked. Of course. My parents were the biggest advocates against Voldemort during his prime time. Of course she would want to hurt them first in any way she could. And the best way of doing that was to kill me.

"Like leave the country, go live in America- at least until they capture Bellatrix," Ginny cried.

"I'm not- I'm not leaving you guys- I'm not leaving Harry," I said as the tears started streaming down my face.

"It's the only way, Jocie."

"No- this- this can't be happening. Are you sure she's after me?" I said as I started to stand up.

It made some sort of sense, but I just really didn't want it to be true.

"That's what Dumbledore said. He said he already had a way to get you out of here-"

"Out of here? I'm not leaving!" I yelled as I paced the floor.

"You have to," Ginny sobbed as she grabbed my shoulder and turned my face towards hers.

I stared into her eyes, while my mind raced with horrible thoughts. I knew she was right, I just didn't want to accept it.

I nodded my head slightly as we both continued to cry, and she pulled me into a tight hug.

"Dumbledore told me to tell you to meet him at the entrance of the forbidden forest," she whispered as she hugged me tighter.

"Right now? I have to talk to Harry- and Luna, and Neville-"

"You were supposed to be there a half an hour ago-"

"I don't care! I need to see Harry-"

"You can't! What don't you understand? Bellatrix could kill you any second, Jocie!"

I gasped at her words as I stood there in shock. It really started to sink in. This was seriously the worst thing that could've ever happened.

I nodded as I pulled her into another tight hug. We stayed like this for a few minutes, and I didn't know what to think.

I mean, what if I never saw them again? Or what if I spent my whole life running from Bellatrix? She couldn't be that obsessed... could she?

"I love you, Ginny. I'll see you soon, okay?" I whispered through sobs.

"You promise?" she asked as she squeezed her nails into my shoulder.

"I promise," I replied as I slowly let go.

She gave me one last quick kiss on the cheek and I slowly walked out as the tears continued to stream down my face.

My mind went blank as I quietly walked outside and made my way over to the forbidden forest. Soft sobs escaped from my mouth the entire way there.

As I got closer, I could see Dumbledore standing a couple yards away, looking down at the ground.

"Hello, Ms. Parker. I am sure you have heard the news. I have arranged a fast and efficient escape plan for you, that doesn't involve magic, as I am afraid any use of magic will be easily spotted. A helicopter shall be here soon, and will be taking you to an unknown address. I should be returning to my students now. Stay safe, Jocie."

I stared at Dumbledore in disbelief as I took in all this new information.

"R-right," I stuttered as I continued to stand there motionless.

He gave me a simple nod and started to walk back to the castle.

I thought that it was rather odd, how he just left me at the entrance of the forbidden forest so a helicopter could take me away. Nevertheless, I continued to wait there while my thoughts were in a completely different place.

I needed Harry.

a/n:
i'm aware this isn't my best writing, and if i'm being honest, i admit that i didn't really have a plan for this story. update: trying to fix what i wrote 2 years ago to make it make more sense and i forget if she has parents so there might be a plot hole or 2. :)