Chapter 19

TW: su!c!d3 ‼️‼️

They continued kissing and didn't notice me standing there for a good 30 seconds, until I let out a quiet sob.

They instantly stopped kissing and I could see the fear in Harry's eyes.

"Jocie.. it's not what it looks like- I can explain-"

I wasn't even sad at that point, all I felt was rage, and I let it all out.

"Are you serious right now?. You are such a liar! I thought I could trust you! Who the fuck do you think you are?"

He stood there and stared at me with tears trickling down his cheeks, but I could care less. I hated him.

"Jocie-"

"Don't 'Jocie' me right now! You can't use your stupid trauma against me now, 'chosen one.'"

I think I hated him most for not telling me. Not telling me he didn't actually care about me. I thought it was me and him forever, but I was clearly mistaken.

"You know, I never understand why people called you that. You should've died that night."

It felt as though someone had stabbed me in the heart as I realized what I had just said.

"Excuse me? Who do you think you are?" Bella screamed.

She walked up to me and slapped me in the face. My face stung and my nose started bleeding, but I ignored it. I just stared at Harry in utter disbelief and disgust.

I walked right up to him and put my wand to his neck.

"I will never love again."

I started to leave, tears now streaming down my face. The rage and anger was gone, and I was left with emptiness. There was no feeling left.

He didn't stop me, and I think that broke me the most. Knowing that he didn't care enough to even try and say sorry, was heart breaking.

Once I got out of the library, I started to run. I ran through the corridors, up the stairs, and to the top of the astronomy tower.

I leaned over the edge and screamed at the top of lungs. I realized in that moment that my head understood things my heart wasn't willing to accept.

Everything I had, was gone. I knew deep down that I would never move on, and I think that was the main reason I decided to do it.

I lifted myself on top of the railing and stood there, with my arms stretched out. I felt the wind on my back, and I was ready for it to push me.

I had nothing to left live for, right?

Wrong.

But it was too late. My foot slipped and before I knew it, I was falling.

I heard Harry scream my name, but there was nothing he, or I, could do.

"JOCIE! NO!"

All my memories with Lupin, Ginny, Neville, Luna, and Harry, flashed before my eyes.

Of course I had something to live for. I didn't want to die.

But no one would ever know that.

—————

*third person pov*

Harry watched her body hit the ground and everything inside him shattered. All his limbs were shaking, but he ran down to where her body was, ignoring the pain.

He fell to his knees as he picked up her body.

"No.. please.. I'm sorry. I'm sorry! Jocie!"

She didn't respond, but that didn't stop Harry from bringing her to Madam Pomfrey.

He slowly walked her inside, sobbing.

He then placed her onto a bed and Madam Pomfrey, Dumbledore, and professor Mcgonagall came rushing in.

"She- she fell off the astronomy tower," Harry cried.

The professors stood there and stared at her body, in shock.

"Is she alive?" Dumbledore asked.

Everyone could hear the fear in his voice, and Harry was shaking from regret.

"I-I don't know," Madam Pomfrey stuttered.

Harry squeezed her hand as she searched for a pulse.

The silence was so loud, Harry swore they could hear his heartbeat.

"She has a pulse!"