Chapter 7

That night, I went back to my dorm and found that Ginny still wasn't back, so I decided to just go to sleep, even though I was still in my dress and smeared makeup.

"Jocie? Wake up. It's almost 10."

I opened my eyes to the sight of Ginny standing over me. I was in no mood to do anything whatsoever, although I did sort of want to see Harry again.

"I don't feel like it," I groaned as I pulled the sheets over my face.

"Why not? What happened to you last night, I looked for you everywhere," she replied.

"I'll tell you later. I just want to have a relaxing day, okay?"

"Of course," she smiled.

"How was your night?" I asked trying to fill the awkward silence.

"It was.. it was interesting," she laughed.

"Go on," I insisted.

"Well I found Draco, and he looked really upset. I got him to dance to the slow song, but he kept staring at this other girl. So I went and danced with Peter Hill from hufflepuff. He was really sweet."

"Wow. You're right. That is interesting."

We both laughed and I got up to start getting ready.

~~~~~~~~~~

Once I took a shower and put some clothes on, I decided to go to the same spot me and Harry went last night to read my book.

After I read for a while I decided to take a break from reading and just sit for a while. It was much colder than last night, but I didn't mind too much. I just wished Harry was here.

After a few minutes of looking around and thinking, I heard someone behind me. As I turned around to see who was walking towards me, I couldn't help but smile when I realized it was Harry.

"Hey Jocie, can I talk to you?" He asked nervously.

"Uh- yeah sure," I replied.

I started to talk before he could say anything, we were probably thinking the same thing anyways.

"Listen Harry, I shouldn't have run off like that last night, it's just that Cedric made me really upset. I hope you know it wasn't your fault. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, it wasn't your fault either. I just wished we could've had a better night."

I looked down and my lips started to form a smile without me even realizing.

"Yeah, me too. That song was amazing, truly. I didn't know you could sing so well. But if you don't mind me asking, was the song about me, or just for me?"

He started to laugh.

"Wasn't it obvious? I thought you knew. Of course it was about you."

We both laughed and he took both my hands in his and looked into my eyes. My stomach was immediately filled with butterflies.

"I want to be with you, Jocie. You know, I've always thought you were beautiful, it was just hard to express my feelings, even before I met you. Especially over the past couple years, after I found out I was a wizard. I just keep thinking about if there was something more to my parents death. I know I defeated Voldemort that night, but I want to know how. Why me?"

I stood there and listened, looking deep into his eyes. I nodded my head with a look of reassurance on my face.

"I want to be with you too, Harry. And I totally get it. I thought my life was over when my mom was dying, and then when Lupin told me he was my dad, I knew then that my whole life was a lie. I was so mad, just knowing that the only reason he left us was because he was scared of me becoming a werewolf. But I didn't. And I'm not sure why, but that made me even angrier, because it just means he left us for no reason."

"Guess we both have some family issues."

"Yeah," I giggled.

We both smiled at each other and searched in each others eyes looking for signs of emotion.

"I'm really glad I can talk to you like this. I've never had someone to relate to about this kind of stuff."

"Of course, Harry. I'm always here for you."

He was looking down and I softly put my fingers on his chin and lifted it up. I smiled at him and he smiled back, and in that moment, I knew that I had unexplainable feelings for Harry. There was no denying it, and I think that scared me a bit. I didn't want to accept that I would always have feelings for him.

"Jocie, do you want to do go to hogsmeade with me tomorrow?"

"I-um- as a date?" I asked nervously.

"I mean yeah- if you want it to be."

I raised my eyebrows and started to smile as my heart soared from the thought of going on a date with Harry. Maybe I could actually feel loved for once.

"I would love that Harry."

He beamed at me and grabbed my hand, then led me back to the gryffindor common room. I could've sworn his touch was magical, as it always gave me butterflies.

We held hands the whole way back, and I couldn't have been happier.