Chapter 15

"Jocie! Look at you! You look amazing!" Cedric yelled to me as he walked over and almost tripped at how drunk he was.

"Cedric! Can you believe how good alcohol is?" I said, slurring my words, as I was already on my fifth drink.

"Couldn't agree with you more! We should go dance!"

He grabbed my hand and pulled me over to where everyone was dancing. I put my hands in my hair and smirked as I fell into the music. My heart was pounding, but I felt unstoppable.

Cedric picked me up by my waist and we both started laughing uncontrollably, but we didn't stop dancing.

As soon as he let me down I started to shake my ass, and Cedric put his hips against me. I looked back at him as he smirked.

I felt the crowds eyes start to look over at us, but I didn't really care, as my head was pounding and my thoughts were scattered.

It felt like the whole world was spinning, but I loved it. My vision was blurry, and I was sweating, but I've never had this much fun in my life. The only thing that was on my mind was alcohol.

The crowd started cheering as I continued to dance on Cedric, and I was having the time of my life. This was exactly what I needed after this week, to let go.

"Hey Jocie, we should take this somewhere else."

I looked up at him in confusion, I wasn't thinking straight. He started to lead me upstairs into one of the boys dorms, but we were interrupted.

"Diggory!"

Harry came running at Cedric and punched him right in the nose. He continued to kick him and punch him and I started crying. My head started spinning and I felt like I was going to pass out, but I couldn't watch Harry do that to Cedric.

"Harry! Stop! Please!"

"Back off, Jocie!" Harry yelled.

"You don't tell me what to do!" I shouted back.

I grabbed Harry with all the power I had left and pulled him off Cedric.

"Jocie? Hey! Jocie! You're okay, it's gonna be okay."

My heart felt as though a million drums were beating it and pushing it out of my chest, my head was spinning as fast as a teacup ride, and I couldn't stay awake any longer, so I closed my eyes, and I didn't remember anything else.

—————

"Good morning, beautiful."

"Harry.. where am I?"

"At home, of course."

"Home? We don't have a home-"

The door of the house I was in suddenly swung open and I saw Cedric standing in the doorway.

Harry then took out a gun from his back pocket and shot Cedric. I watched as the bullet shot straight towards Cedric and hit him in his abdomen. My heart stopped and I was unable to breathe. Everything was in slow-motion, and it was unbearable.

"I love you, Jocie," Cedric whispered as his body fell to the ground.

I screamed louder than I ever have, but everything suddenly stopped.

—————

I sat up with my mouth hanging slightly open. I was sweating like crazy.

"Jocie?"

Someone's arms immediately wrapped around me but I pushed them off, not knowing who it was.

My head suddenly started pounding and my body was aching. I could barely move, it felt like a thousand needles puncturing my skin, one by one.

"Harry? Where am I? What happened? Is Cedric okay?"

He sat down next to me and stroked my hair.

"Cedric is fine. You got really drunk, Jocie, and you passed out. I took you back to my dorm and let you sleep on my bed. I should've stayed with you after Johnson did that to you, I was so stupid for that."

"I- I remember I started dancing on- oh. Oh my god, Harry! I'm so sorry, I wasn't thinking clearly-"

"It's fine."

He cleared his throat and tried to give me a reassuring smile, but he was unsuccessful. I knew he was upset, and I've never felt worse.

"No it's not. I should've been more careful. It won't happen again, okay? Me and Cedric were both drunk, you know I don't fancy him at all."

"I'm just glad you're okay. You should probably get some rest."

He kissed me on the forehead but I knew I needed to get up.

"I feel fine, Harry. I'm going to go take a shower and get ready, I'll see you later."

He opened his mouth to say something but I walked out before he got the chance. I wasn't actually going to take a shower, I needed to see Cedric.

I walked through the corridors to the hufflepuff common room and waited, until Peter Hill let me in. I walked right up into Cedrics dorm and saw him laying there, with barely any injuries.

"You complete arse, Cedric!"

"Jocie? I-"

I cut him off and slapped him in the face.

"I don't remember much, but I remember enough," I stated with my arms crossed.

"I know. I'm sorry. Can we talk?" He asked as he lightly touched where I slapped him.

"Can we talk? Do you think I came all this way just to slap you?"

He started to laugh and I tried to hide my smile. I was trying to convince him I was upset with him.

"Listen, Ced. I understand you were drunk, but the fact that you told me you had feelings for me, just makes it all the worse because I know that's where your actions came from. Not from being too drunk or impulsive."

"I know. I'm sorry. It won't happen again, I know we're just friends."

He tried giving me a reassuring smile but I walked out.

Better than nothing, I suppose.

a/n:
i absolutely hate this chapter. that's all.