Chapter 18

I didn't get any sleep, and that only made it harder to get ready for my classes, especially when I only had one of them with Harry. Potions with Harry was the only thing that made my day tolerable.

I got up before Harry and headed up to my dorm. My heart thumped loudly with each step I took.

Once I walked in, I saw Ginny sleeping, and her mascara was smeared under her eyes. I was truly concerned, but I had absolutely no idea what to do about it.

"Hey Ginny."

I sat down on the bed and lightly shook her.

"You might want to start getting ready."

She quickly opened her eyes and stared up at me. I tried looking for any sign of emotion, but failed.

I sat up from the bed and got ready. I wasn't in the mood to try to look good, so I just threw on some baggy jeans and an oversized t-shirt.

~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting at breakfast alone. I was one of the first people there and Harry hadn't gotten ready yet.

"Hello Jocie."

I glanced to my right to see Luna positioning herself next to me. It felt like I hadn't seen Luna in ages, but I only had myself to blame.

"Oh hey Luna. What's up?"

"Nothing, really. What about you?" She asked with a smile on her face.

"A lot actually. You know that Noah dude Ginny has been hanging around with?"

"Oh yes. If I'm being honest, I don't like him much," she whispered.

"Yeah me either. He took advantage of her last night. He got her drunk and they 'got carried away.'"

"Oh my, that's horrible. Is she alright?"

"Well yes, but no. I don't know what to do about it. She told me she never cared about me."

"I'm sure she didn't mean it. Jocie," Luna said lightly.

"That's what everyone's saying. But I want to help her, not just sit here and complain about her behavior."

"I agree. I think you should talk to Noah," she said as she took a small bite of her food.

"Talk to Noah? I mean- that's actually- not a bad idea. Thanks, Luna."

I got up, walked out of the dining hall, and started to look for Noah. My anger gradually built up the longer I searched for him.

After what felt like an hour, I eventually gave up, until I heard his voice behind me.

"Looking good, Parker."

"Shut up, Baker," I cringed.

"Make me," he replied.

"Gladly. But I'm not here for that. This is about Ginny," I stated as I crossed my arms.

"Yeah she's hot. What about it?" He scoffed.

"You took advantage of her, you complete arse!" I shouted louder than I anticipated.

"Hey! Tone it down a bit, would you?" He whispered as he glanced around the corridor.

"Are you joking? If you even go near her again- you'll regret it, okay? You are the most nastiest, most disgusting person I have ever met. I would tell you to change yourself for the better, but you've already proven what type of person you are. Stop ruining people's lives, just because yours already sucks. I can't even look at you. Stay away from Ginny, and the rest of my friends."

He was breathing heavy now, and I saw him gulp as I strutted away. As good as that felt, I shouldn't have had to do it in the first place.

I thought it was reasonable to go see Ginny and see how she was doing, but I had potions in 5 minutes, so I headed there.

"Psst! Harry!"

I was sitting at the desk across from him and he quickly turned his head to face me.

"What's up?"

"Do you want to go get butterbeers later?" I smiled.

"I uh- I actually have to do my project with Bella."

"Bella Anderson?" I asked, looking disappointed.

"Yeah. What about tomorrow?"

"Um- sure," I replied.

I knew this wasn't good. She would 100% try to get with him, and I just had to hope he would say no. It was terrifying actually, knowing that there was a chance Harry would cheat on me, but I highly doubted it. I knew for a fact Harry would never do anything like that, because he knows it would absolutely break me. To be fair, he was the only thing keeping me alive at this point.

After all my classes, I met up with Harry and we started to walk back to the common room. My thoughts were frightening, as all I could think about was Harry doing something with Bella.

"Can I ask you something?" I blurted out.

"Of course," he responded.

"Do you think Bella is attractive?"

He raised his eyebrows and scoffed at me.

"Jocie, you know you're the only one I fancy. You can trust me."

I gave him a fake reassuring smile and he stopped walking.

"I actually have to go meet up with her now, I'll catch up with you later, okay?"

"Yeah, right, of course," I gulped.

He titled my chin and kissed me. He then slid his hand around to my back and slowly slid it up to my bra strap. The coldness of his hands made me shiver. His fingers started to unclip it, but I stopped him.

"Harry!"

"Sorry!"

He ran off the other way as he laughed. I giggled and headed back to the common room, I had my own work to do. However, I knew it would be extremely difficult, due to the fact that I would be unable to keep my mind off of Harry.

~~~~~~~~~~

After about an hour of DADA homework, I decided to head down to the library to see if I could find any books that would help me with my potions project.

As I walked to the library, I couldn't help but wonder what Harry was doing in that moment. It was genuinely nerve-racking.

As I stepped in, I heard people talking. One of the voices was a girl, and the other was.. Harry.

I followed the voices to the other side of the library, and everything suddenly stopped, it was all in slow motion. It felt like I was on a roller coaster and was slowly going up the hill. But then it hit me, and everything dropped. My stomach dropped, my heart stopped, my jaw was hanging open, and my eyes were instantly filled with tears.

Harry and Bella. Kissing.