Epilogue

I woke up with a jolt. I quickly opened my eyes and recognized where I was almost instantly. The bright lights, the strong smell of rubbing alcohol- it was a hospital. I was in a hospital. For what reason? It was hard to remember.

Once I opened my eyes, I felt like there was a thousand pounds on my chest. I was gasping for air as I took in my surroundings and tried to remember why I was here. My head was spinning with confusion, trepidation, and pain.

Before I could even call for help, I heard the doors opening.

"She's up!"

I quickly looked to my right and saw at least 7 nurses come rushing towards me.

Once I realized I had tubes all over me, I immediately ripped them off and stood up.

Harry. First thing I remembered. Falling. Crash.

"Where's Harry?" I asked, still trying to fill my lungs with enough oxygen.

"I'm going to need you to lay back down, dear," the nurse replied calmly.

"Where's Harry?" I insisted.

More memories came flooding back. Helicopter. I was escaping in a helicopter. Crying. I was crying because I was leaving Harry. And then I crashed.

"I'm sorry, I don't know who you're talking about."

They lightly pushed me back down onto the bed and I looked at the clock. It said 11am, but something felt different. I couldn't explain it, but it felt like I had been asleep for much longer than 8 hours.

"What year is it?" I asked, still staring at the clock.

"2003, dear," another nurse responded.

2003? Last thing I remembered was in 1998.

"Where have I been for the past 5 years? Have you been experimenting on me?" I questioned.

"No, you've been in a coma. You were in a plane crash in '98. It's remarkable that you survived."

I still had so many more questions and I desperately needed answers.

"Where am I?" I blurted.

"London," the nurse replied as she searched for supplies.

Okay. Good news. Harry must have come in to see me at some point. But what if he hasn't? Extreme worry started to come over me.

"Have you heard of a Harry Potter? Has he come in to see me at all?"

"We've never seen a Harry Potter come here, sorry dear."

My heart dropped. The only answer I could come up with is that he didn't know I survived. If I was being honest, I didn't even know I died.

"I need to leave. I feel fine, thank you for everything," I said as I got up from the bed.

I ran out of the hospital room, through the halls, and out the hospital doors.

I looked at what I was wearing. A hospital gown, of course. People will probably think I'm crazy. But that wasn't going to stop me.

I called up a taxi, even though I had no idea where I was going, I just knew I needed to see Harry.

I had basically all of my memories back. The brain fog had faded and what I needed to do became clear.

"Can you take me to 981 Berkshire Avenue? It's the house on the right. Well, the only house."

The taxi driver looked at me like I was insane, but they drove on nevertheless.

My heart pounded at the thought of him not being there. What if he didn't care about me anymore? He probably moved on, considering it's been 5 years.

As soon as we pulled up, I saw Harry gardening in the back yard. No words could describe what I felt in that moment.

Tears started to fill my eyes and my breathing got heavy again. So much relief.

I jumped out the door before the car even stopped.

My hair and hospital gown flowed in the wind and the tears flew off my cheeks as I ran.

I ran out into the backyard, and Harry looked at me. I couldn't tell what he was feeling or thinking, but it didn't matter.

He dropped his shovel and gaped at me.

I took a deep breath and nodded my head yes, hoping he had an idea of who I could be.

I ran into his arms, sobbing.

He quickly let go and looked me up and down.

"Am- am I dreaming?"

"No, Harry. It's me. It's Jocie."

Tears started pouring out of both our eyes and he pulled me into a kiss. The same butterflies formed in my stomach, like they always used to.

"Where- where have you been? How? You died that night, Jocie. I watched you fall from the helicopter. I don't understand-"

"I don't know, Harry. I don't know."

We admired each other for what felt like hours, but I could never get tired of him. Especially after I hadn't seen him in 5 years.

"It's been 5 long years, and I still haven't found anyone else. I didn't want to- I- I waited for you."

"And I'm so glad you did," I smiled as the tears continued to fall down my cheeks.

"I love you, Jocie."

"And I love you, Harry Potter."

He grabbed my hand and we walked into our home.

Harry and I were never the closet of friends, because we were meant to be the best of lovers.

Me and Harry, until the end.

a/n: thank you for reading! i truly enjoyed writing this story even if it wasn't my best work. i wrote this in 8'th grade ya'll- it hurts to re-read this.