Chapter 11

I woke up to the sound of light music coming from a radio. I quickly sat up in my bed to see Ginny putting make up on while singing along to the music.

"What are you doing up so early?" I groaned.

I looked at the clock and it said 5 am. There was absolutely no reason for her to be up this early, especially considering we just recently went to bed.

"Oh! I didn't mean to wake you! Go back to sleep. Here I'll shut off the music."

"Why are you putting makeup on at 5 in the morning? We just went to bed like 3 hours ago," I whispered.

"I never went to bed. Noah Baker asked me on a date. He said we were going to watch the sunrise," she grinned.

"Noah Baker? I heard he was a dick," I replied.

It was true. I had never heard anything good about him. To be honest, it was a bit concerning that Ginny was going on a date with him.. at 5 in the morning.

"He's actually really nice. And he's really good at flirting," she giggled.

"I'm happy for you, Ginny. Have fun on your date, goodnight."

~~~~~~~~~~

After a couple more hours of sleep, I finally got up and got ready. I was a bit nervous to see Harry, which I found a bit strange. I guess it was because of how I walked out on him last night.

I walked into the common room and saw Fred sitting on the couch, staring into the fireplace. This was extremely peculiar behavior for either of the twins, and I was genuinely worried.

"Fred?" I whispered.

"Oh hey Jocie. What's up?" he replied, snapping back into reality.

"Nothing, you?"

"Absolutely nothing. I've never been so bored. George is on a date with his new girlfriend, I forget her name, and I have nothing to do," he complained.

"That sucks. I would do something with you, but I can't think of anything."

"Yeah, me either. But.. we can talk about what happened between you and Harry last night," he smiled.

"That's none of your business, Weasley."

"Says you, Parker. I already walked in on you two snogging. What's the difference?"

"The difference? Oh nothing much. Speaking of Harry, have you seen him?"  I asked as I looked around the room.

"Yeah I have."

"Well? Did he say where he was going?" I scoffed.

"I'm not telling you. Too much snogging isn't good for the brain," he laughed.

I grabbed a pillow from the couch and threw it at him.

"Alright alright! He went to breakfast."

I stuck my tongue out at him and he rolled his eyes. I started walking towards the dining hall, but I ended up running into the last person I wanted to see.

"Hey Jocie. You look nice."

I gave him a disgusted look and walked away. I didn't want to interact with him whatsoever, as it would only worsen my mood.

"Jocie! I'm sorry! Can we please talk? For real this time?"

I stopped, took a deep breath, and turned around. I walked back towards him, and I randomly started tearing up.

"Why did you lie, Cedric? I really liked you! How could you lie like that? It was my moms funeral! You told me you 'didn't feel good', when you actually just wanted to get with some random girl. It just doesn't make sense to me."

As much as I didn't want to show him that I cared about it this much, I was tired of pretending I didn't.

"Jocie, I- I'm so sorry. I still can't forgive myself for what I did. I beat myself up every day for it, after I saw your reaction that night. And the reason I've been such a dick to you lately is because I still have feelings for you, I just didn't know how to tell you. I got so jealous when I saw you with Potter, I couldn't control myself. I wish I apologized sooner. I hope you can forgive me."

He started to walk away, but I stopped him. I never expected him to apologize, and so genuinely too.

"Ced! Wait!"

I started running towards him and I wrapped my arms around him as I pulled him into a hug.

"I forgive you. But I'm with Harry, and that won't change any time soon."

"I'll wait for you-" he started to say.

"Don't, Ced. Please find someone that will make you happy."

His smile faded and my heart dropped. As much as I liked Harry, my feelings for Ced would always be there, even if other feelings were there as well. It's not like I wanted to be with Ced, but there was no denying I still cared for him.

"Friends?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah, friends," he mumbled.

He weakly smiled at me and walked away, and I was left standing there not knowing how to feel.

I really did want to be friends with him. I wanted our relationship to be healthy, but I had no idea how to make that happen. And by knowing that he still had feelings for me only made it worse because I knew that he wouldn't be able to act the same around me, even if he tried.