Chapter 23

The word that me and Cedric were dating spread around much quicker than I anticipated. It had been about a week since we made it official, and I was scared if Harry would confront me about it.

I walked down the corridors trying to avoid eye contact with anyone, but I found myself glancing up quite often. I guess I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, and accidentally bumped into someone.

"Sorry-"

"Jocie?"

I slowly looked up and wished I could have disappeared right then and there, as I recognized their voice instantly.

Harry.

"Hi?" I said, trying my best to look intimidating.

"We need to talk. Meet me in the gryffindor common room at 11."

"That's not happening," I replied.

I started to walk away but he grabbed my shoulder and spun me around so that our faces were inches apart. He looked deep into my eyes as his chest rose with each heavy breath.

"Yes it is."

I kept a straight face and stayed silent. He stepped even closer and I could feel his forehead brush against mine.

"Please," he said as his face softened.

"Whatever."

He gulped as I cringed and he started to walk away, keeping eye contact with me.

~~~~~~~~~

After all my classes, I decided to to go outside and read for a while.

I sat down under a tree and took out my book, it was one of my favorites. It was about 2 people falling in love, and growing old together. It was simple, but I found comfort in it. I think the main reason I loved it so much was because that's what I wanted. I wanted to grow old with the person I loved, but I wasn't even with the person I loved.

I sat and thought about this for a while, and I realized that being with Cedric was a horrible thing to do. Especially because I knew even before we were together, I loved someone else.

After thinking for what felt like 2 minutes, I felt someone's hands cover my eyes.

"Guess who."

I knew it was Cedric, and my heart skipped a few beats. The excitement in his voice shattered me.

"Hmm.. Voldemort?"

We both broke into a laugh and he plopped himself beside me.

"How are you?" He grinned.

"I'm okay, could use a bit of cheering up," I replied.

"I see... how about this?"

He lightly placed his hand on my neck and leaned in. Our lips brushed against each other as he bit my bottom lip, and pushed me into a passionate kiss. He started to climb on top of me as his hands roamed my body. I lightly moaned as he started to kiss down my neck and onto my chest. He started to undo my undershirt but I pushed him off.

"Enough, Diggory. We could get caught,"
I smirked.

"I could care less," he replied.

"Good for you?" I scoffed.

He rolled his eyes as we both stood up.

"Come back to my dorm tonight," he whispered as he took my hand.

I let out a small gasp and thought of an excuse.

"I can't. I have too much work," I said lightly as I avoided eye contact.

"Can't you just do that another time?" he asked, letting my hand go.

"No," I responded.

"Alright. See you later."

He barely smiled at me and started to walk back to the castle.

"Wait," I said loudly.

"What?" he replied as he turned around.

I jogged to catch up to him and tears started to form in my eyes. I could see the glint of excitement and hope fade from his face as he stared at me.

"What's wrong?"

"I can't be with you, Ced," I sobbed.

He gasped and my heart broke at his reaction. His face looked as though it turned to stone.

"I'm sorry," I cried as I wrapped my arms around him.

The tears in his eyes trickled down his cheeks and he pushed me off of him.

"Don't be."

He walked away and left me standing there, crying my eyes out. My heart was the heaviest it had ever been, and I questioned if I made the right decision.

I really liked Cedric, but not any more than a friend. With Harry, it was different. I constantly got butterflies around him, and I just wanted to be with him. He was everything I've ever wanted, and more.