❣44❣

"Charissa is so wicked!" Becky hissed and rubbed Keith's arm. A loud sigh left Keith's lips and he shut his eyes.

"Becky," he called out her name.

"Yes?"

"I love Charissa," he whispered.

Her mouth fell open. "Are you mad? How can you love that selfish bitch?"

He opened his eyes and turned to her. "Even after what happened today, I don't want to stop fighting for her. Zach can do his worst"

"Keith, I think you hit your head too hard. What are you seeing in Charissa? There is nothing special about her," Becky sneered, her voice soaked with pain.

"I just love her"

"Keith," she cried out and tightened her grip on his arm. They were in a hospital. Keith was tucked in on a bed while Becky sat on a chair beside him. "I love you. I'm here for you. Forget about her. I can't believe you love her. What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing is wrong with me. Charissa might do her best to hide her emotions from me but I know she has feelings for me. I can see it. I can feel it. She is just suppressing them all".

"She doesn't care about you. I mean it," Becky insisted. "You're hurt all because of her and she still doesn't care".

He sent a strained smile at her. He tried to rise from the bed but winced at the electrifying pain in his arm. He rubbed it and pulled himself fully to a sitting position.

"My heart beats for Charissa," he told her firmly.

She pressed her lips together and her eyes went moisty as anger boiled in her.

There was a rapping sound on the door before it opened. Lance walked in and his countenance reflected that of a worried person.

"Dude, I'm okay. Why such an expression? I'm not dead" Keith chuckled to lighten the tension in the air.

"I know but there is a problem"

"What problem?"

"Charissa and her family has been kidnapped. The culprit wants a dangerous criminal to be released from jail or her family dies. It's on the news"

Keith was up in an instance. His eyes were round as he drew closer to Lance. "What do you mean?"

"Charissa has been kidnapped. Also your family and Zach's. I think Mr Vince's son is behind this"

"My family?"

"Your mum, brother and your dad," he replied and sighed.

Keith placed both his hands on his hair and tugged on them, his breath coming out as short gasps.  "What should we do? Nothing must happen to my mom nor Charissa"

"The police force does not know what to do. The criminal Mr Vince's son is asking for is a terrorist. He is also a drug dealer and he is Mr Vince's brother. The situation is tight"

"Umm.. Let's head to the police station first. What do you think?" Keith snapped into action and grapped his jacket that laid on a chair. "We need to leave"

"I agree!" Lance bobbed his head and strode to the door.

"Keith, must you leave? You aren't discharged yet. The doctor still wants to see you"

"Do you know what love truly means?" he asked.

"I do. I love you and that's why I don't want you to leave. You are badly hurt"

"Just some cuts, swells and bruises. It's not enough to stop me from saving my mom and Charissa"

"But..." her voice echoed in the room.