❣ 29 ❣

"Being both soft and strong is a combination very few have mastered," Paige said, flailing her arms. "But I've mastered it". She poked her chest with her index finger and smirked.

"How?" Charissa leaned forward with an interested and impressed look.

"You know, there are friendly people in this world. A person with a good heart. Those kind of people are trustworthy. They are hard to find that's why you have to keep them. They always have your best interest in mind..." Paige voiced. Charissa had to control herself from glancing at Keith. He was a friendly person. He was trustworthy and he was caring. "Those kind of people, I present my soft side to them but when I meet a nasty, cruel person, I show them my strong side. They need to know that I don't take shit".

"You speak like me sometimes!" Charissa pointed out and rose a brow. "Aren't you infuriated when someone calls you a bitch?".

"People will always have something to say!" Paige hissed and rolled her eyes. "There is nothing wrong with being confident".

"Exactly," Keith cut in. "That's what I also believe. There is nothing wrong with being confident".

"The best part is that I won't be remembered as a woman who keeps her mouth shut. I'm okay with that" Paige shrugged. "If you don't stand up for yourself, the world might think you are weak and would want to take advantage of your silence. Be yourself; everyone else is already taken!"

Keith clapped his hands and smiled, "Well said!"

"Paige..." Charissa trailed off.

Is it weird to ask someone to be your friend? I don't know. I wish to know Paige better. I want to combine my soft side and strong side like a master.

"Yeah?" Paige leaned on her chair and widened her eyes. "What do you want to say?"

"Can...ca..Can we be friends?" Charissa fixed her gaze on her fingers.

Will she say no? I don't think  she would. I hope I'm not wrong!

"Sure! Why not? I'll give you my phone number!" Paige exclaimed with a wide grin. She pulled her phone out and gestured that Charissa do the same.

Paige's ex-boyfriend passed their table. He stared at Paige for a moment and left. The brunette he was dating moved beside their table. Her hand slammed Charissa's soda. It splashed on Paige but more on Charissa's yellow crop top.

"Whoops!" the girl exclaimed with her lips curved upward. "I'm so sorry, Paige. It was a mistake!" She stroked her hair and flashed a smile at Keith, an attempt to flirt with him.

"How old is that girl?" Charissa asked absent-mindedly.

"Her name is Bella. She's seventeen!" Paige replied. Bella still had her eyes on Keith who sent a disinterested look.

Charissa got to her feet. She glanced at her stained shirt. "Hmm...It's okay!" she voiced.

Bella sent a questioning look at Charissa. When she saw the stained shirt, her eyes widened.

"I'm so sorry! I thought It soiled Paige's clothes!"

"So I was your target?" Paige snapped and rose to her feet.

"It was a mistake. I didn't do it on purpose!" she sneered and narrowed her eyes at her.

"It's okay! Everyone makes mistake in life!" Charissa said and smiled at her. Bella smiled back and glared at Paige. Charissa picked Keith's soda, strode to the girl and emptied the content on her dress. "Whoops! I'm sorry! It was a mistake!" she mocked and sashayed away.