❣ 1 ❣

°°°°°°°°°°°°

    Once Again, I am broken.

                   °°°°°°°°°°°°

My fiance is kissing my cousin! The words echoed in her head.

"Adam!" her voice pierced through the moans in the hallway. The two broke out of their kiss, their chests rising and falling.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Charissa yelled and her glare smouldered Amelia, her cousin.

"It is not what it seems," Adam exclaimed. His deep voice, the one that always soothed her, was now toxic to her ears.

"My fiance is kissing my cousin," she spat every word as if she had vinegar on her tongue.

Adam scratched his neck and glanced at Amelia, who nipped on her bottom lip as she watched everything unfold.

"Adam! I love you with all my heart. So why her? What did you see in her?" Charissa bawled, her voice trembling as she took steps away from them.

"Charissa, I love Amelia and she loves me," he stated in his calm tone, still composed as usual.

"But you proposed to me!" She yelled and her fists balled up at her side.

"That's because I thought I loved you," he inhaled and breathed out. "I am sorry but I love you as a friend".

"Are you crazy? Are you drunk? What rubbish are you telling me? What do you mean by that?" She hollered.

He remained silent.

"Adam! Wait...Is this like a break-up session? Are you breaking up with me?"

"I never wanted you to find out like this, Charissa"

"Adam, I do love you. I have had this feeling since middle school. How can you pick her over me?" Charissa's voice came out helpless and weak.

My beloved cousin had successfully snatched my fiance! From my favourite doll to my fiance, she snatched them all. I hate her smile, laughter and cry. They are all just fake.

"What trick did you use Amelia? Answer!" she thundered, her veins popping out at her neck as she gnashed her teeth.

"Why does everyone take me as a spoilt brat?" Charissa snarled and glowered at them. "Did Amelia deceive you with her goody-two-shoes ways?"

"Charissa, please calm down! We are in a public place," Adam warned. He placed his hand on her shoulder and Charissa quickly shrugged it off.

They were at a masked party. Everyone wore a mask. Even though Amelia and Adam had a mask on, Charissa could still identify them.

They kissed! He loves her! Why? Her stomach knotted and her heart squeezed as she digested this reality. She had always felt that Amelia would steal Adam but she never did anything to stop it. She thought Adam truly loved her. She was wrong. So wrong!

"Charissa, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you," he whispered.

"I am sorry. I..." Amelia trailed off and sighed. "I love him so much. Please forgive me".

She knew her apology wasn't sincere and so Charissa rolled her eyes.

"Shut up! You are such a snitch. I can never be fooled by those fake goody-two-shoe acts," Charissa snarled and took slow steps in her direction.

"I love him. I am so sorry," Amelia trembled and gripped Adam's arm. His arm crawled around her waist and he pulled her close as if to protect her from a beast.

Who was this beast? Of course, they would say Charissa!  Charissa is always the antagonist. Charissa is always the spoilt and disrespectful girl. Charissa is always the mean girl.

All these facts dawned on Charissa and her whole body vibrated in rage. She bit her lip to suppress her frustrated scream.

No one cared about her feelings! Why?

Charissa spun on her heels and strode to where her legs led her. She needed space to breathe. She felt like she was a ticking bomb about to explode.

A woman appeared at her side. "Miss Quinn, congratulations on your engagement. I don't know if you recognize me but I was at your..."

"Please!" Charissa cut in. "Don't talk to me about my engagement".

"You and the young man, Adam make a great couple. I wish you a blissful— "

"Stop it!" She barked. "Just stop"

Her eyes spotted a door. Without hesitation, she dashed to it, pushed it open and walked into the pitch dark room.

It represents my state! It represents my shattered heart, she thought.

She switched on the light. It was a conference room. She switched it off and went to one of the seats. She sat down and sobbed. She has broken again. She had watched her mother being murdered at a tender age. Now, the guy she gave her whole heart to, doesn't even love her.

                     °¶°¶°¶°

"Dad!" he called. The two men looked at him." I didn't do it".

"How dare you talk to me?" his father sneered.

"How can I intentionally burn my factory? This is all a lie" Keith Watson yelled.

"You do not have a factory, brother. You can never be responsible enough to handle it" Carl, Keith's elder brother snickered. His smirk mocked Keith and his crossed arm over his shoulder shamed him.

He went to the factory he was to inherit a week ago. That same day, the factory got burnt. Everyone blamed it on him. They said that it was his playful attitude that led to it. But he never touched anything! He only looked at the products. That's all. But no one believed him.

"Get out of my sight," his dad roared.

They were at a masked party. His dad had met a friend and was narrating how careless and irresponsible Keith was. All lies! Lies! He knew he was not the black sheep of the family but when would they understand that?

"Dad said you should leave! You are interrupting his conversation," Carl jeered and Keith narrowed his eyes at him.

Carl was an egoistic man. He saw himself as the best son of his father while Keith was the black sheep and the one that tarnishes the great name of their family. They were the Great Watson family. Sadly, they had a son, Keith, who won't stick to their strict, boring and snobbish lifestyle.

Keith clenched his fists and through his gritted teeth said, "Fine! I will leave".

"You better!" Carl chuckled.

Keith's glare swept from his brother to his father who had a displeased look on his face. Keith sucked in a rush of air and stomped out of the party to the hallway. He smashed his clenched fist to the wall and dragged himself further away from the music booming from the party. He punched again and again, his knuckles aching. He let out a deep growl and sighed. His eyes darted to a door and he sprinted into the darkroom, slamming the door behind him.

Silence floated in the air for a minute and was later interrupted by sobs.

"Who's there?" Keith's voice echoed.

The sobbing stopped and all he could see was darkness.

        📢 ---A/N ---

Question of the day: What is your favourite colour?
😁😁

Hi, how are you? I hope you are doing well.

This is my third book on Wattpad. If you enjoyed this chapter. Pls vote and comment.

Love ya,
💓💕💖