❣ 14 ❣

I want to thank you all for 1k+ reads. It really means a lot. I couldn't have done it without your help. You guys are the best 😘❤❤

Could you sincerely tell me if this story is really interesting? Do you think it could capture more readers? Feel free to give me your review! 😊😊

**************************

Keith and his team had wandered deep into the forest. Twigs poked them as they weaved their way through the trees and bushes.

"Mira!" Cassie called.

"What?"

"Don't you think we should rest and eat? I am hungry!"

Keith glanced at the ladies before him. His eyes went to Drake and he said to him "I'm kind of hungry too!"

"Ya, mate! I'm hungry!"

Keith nodded, "Mira! I think we should take a break!"

"Are you kidding me?" Mira snapped and flung her arms in the air.

"What's wrong?" he cocked a brow.

"Are you guys wimp? We haven't even gone far!" she sneered. Her black eyes swept at their faces.

Cassie sighed, "Okay! Sorry!"

"Let's go!" Mira demanded.

"Wait!" Keith stopped. "Mira, this competition is about surviving. If we don't eat and rest, we aren't helping ourselves".

Mira glared at him. "Do you even want to win this competition?"

"Yes!"

More than you can think of. My dad had given me a month to raise thirty billion dollars. This competition means a lot to me.

"I don't think you do. You are already encouraging laziness!"

Keith's eyes went round. His jaw clenched but he decided to keep his cool.

"Fine! We will walk some more" he agreed. "But let me just tell you, I am not making them lazy. I am just helping them. I can go weeks without eating".

She pursed her lips, rolled her eyes and walked away.

"Why is she so rude?" Keith whispered to Drake.

"She wants to win at all cost!"

"But that's not the way to treat your teammate!"

"She is a female soldier. What do you expect?" Drake chuckled.

They walked some miles. The yellow orb in the sky was making its way below the mountain. It was time for the moon to take over. Keith noticed the troubled look on Cassie's face and he could tell that Drake was tired.

Was Mira blind? This is not a way to lead.

"Mira!" Keith's deep voice echoed in the forest. It had startled a fly and it swiftly flew away.

"What?"

"I am not going to negiotate with you. Our teammates need to rest and we need to set up shelters for the night" he stated.

Mira glared at them and replied "Fine!"

Keith smiled at Cassie and Drake. "Let's locate the stream. We can do some fishing" he beamed.

"Come on! Let's go!" Drake led the way.

"Hey!" Mira called. "Cassie and I will start building a fire!"

"Okay!" Keith exclaimed.

They got to a stream that flowed through the forest in a straight broad line.