❣ 3 ❣

°°°°°°°°°°°°

    Once again, I chose to disagree with the world.

                   °°°°°°°°°°°°

The white fluffy blanket amidst the sky had hidden the sun from sight. Charissa was lucky. She strolled down the street without having to deal with the scorching sun. Her arms flung slightly at her side as she moved. Her eyes pored over the buildings at each side of the road. This was her father's estate. He had built all of it. She glanced behind her to her mansion that was far.

"Mum," she glanced up to the sky. "Are you still there?"

She smiled as sweet memories with her mother flickered through her thoughts. She let a tear drop roll down her cheek as she glanced above her again.

"I wonder how you coped with Dad. He only loves money and hates his business rivals for stupid reasons. As for his daughter...I doubt if his love for me is up to 50 per cent," she sighed.

Strolling was helping her stay sane. "I hate Amelia!" she declared. "I know hate is a strong word but...It just hurts that Adam loves her. Why not me?"

An elderly woman passed by her and Charissa noticed her arched brow at her. "Now, I feel dumb. How can I be talking to myself?" she let out a bitter laughter.

Charissa noticed a black car behind her at a distance. She continued her saunter. She looked behind her and noticed that the car had moved.

What the...?

She moved again, turned back and the car was moving at a slow pace.

Am I imagining things?

She narrowed her eyes at the drivers. Two men in black suits and a black shade stared back.

Okay! I don't think this is good!

She snapped her head away from them. She walked slowly before breaking into a run.

The car zoomed to her side. She ran faster but it was still at her side. The back door of the car opened and a man hopped out. He began to chase her. Charissa ran with all her strength. Her blonde hair kept slapping her face but she didn't stop. She couldn't let what happened in her past repeat itself. Suddenly, a large palm gripped her forearm. She was pulled back with a handkerchief placed on her nose.

Everything went blurry as the harsh smell went through her nostril. Her body fell into the arms and she blacked out.

                    °¶°¶°¶°

"Dude! Do you want to compete with him?" Ashton, Keith's best friend exclaimed.

"Yeah! The guy asked for it," Keith shrugged and wore his helmet.

They were in the big, open race track in Irwindale Speedway in Los Angeles. One of Keith's friends worked there and he gave them access to it on that free bright afternoon. Keith also didn't mind paying anyone he could just to have an opportunity to race. He loved the thrill and how his adrenaline flowed through his body when he raced. His opponent, Scott always had a cocky smirk on his face and that day wasn't any different. He had the same smirk with a confident gait as he bounced to his racecar.

"Are you scared?" Scott sniggered. "Because you should". Scott and Keith have always been against each other in every sports game. The previous week was boxing and at the moment was a dangerous car race. Keith looked at his favourite racecar and smirked. "Scared? Never," Keith replied with soft laughter.

"Then let's do this," Scott exclaimed and fastened his seatbelt. He gripped his stirring wheel and winked. "Nice to meet you again, loser".

"You think you're gonna win," Keith scoffed. "Watch and see what I am capable of".