❣ 13 ❣

Hey guys,
What animals are you scared of?

***********
"You must reach the finish line with a complete team" a man yelled into the microphone. Keith nodded.

He glanced at his team. The raven-haired woman was called Mira. The other woman was a blonde and her name was Cassie. Drake was the second man among the team after Keith.

"We must stick together," Mira snapped.

"Sure!" Drake replied.

"Each team has a bag given to them. It contains some necessary items. You have matches, pocket knives and some other things in there. You also have a map that you must follow. If you misplace it, consider yourself one of the losers," the man on the podium explained.

Keith looked at the other teams. They were five different teams. Each had different tasks assigned to them. The main task was to get to the finish line before the month ends. And that finish line is miles from where they were.

"We can do this" Keith cheered.

"Yeah!" Cassie added.

"Take your positions!" the deep voice of the man echoed in the microphone. Each team went to different sides of the broad landscape. They were to dive into the forest as soon as the gun was shot to the sky. "On your marks, get set and...go!" The gun blasted and birds flew in fear.

Keith and his teammate ran into the forest. They hopped over tree roots, vines and rocks. They kept running till they were deep inside the forest. Then they paused to catch their breathes.

"Guys!" Mira called. "I want to get something straight!"

Keith cocked a brow at her.

"I hope you all have the same goal that I have. I won't accept any lackadaisical attitude. We are here to win. No playing around! Is that clear?" Mira's commanding voice echoed in the forest.

"She's right! We are here to win. We must put our best" Keith added.

"Okay!" Cassie replied while Drake nodded.

"Let's go!" Mira beckoned and they continued walking.

Keith bit his lip and a determined look settled on his features.

I must win this. I need to prove to my dad that I am responsible and matured. He gave me a month to get the thirty billion dollars and I will get. I know I can.

                 °¶°¶°¶°

"Blue eyes, we are alone in a plane. Can't you just talk to me?" Zach nagged.

"I don't want to talk to you!" Charissa hissed. "And why do you call me Blue...Oh!" She nodded when she remembered she had topaz blue eyes.

"You need to know more about your boyfriend. Ask questions!" Zach demanded.

"Huh! You're right!" she exclaimed. "My first question, why are you a jerk?"

He snapped his brows together and glared.

"I'm not a jerk!"

"I think you are! Next question, why is your ego as big as Mount Everest?"

He rolled his eyes. "It's not that big!"

"It is!"

He held his nose bridge with his fingers and shook his head. "Let me tell you something you should know. I deal with mood swings a lot. Expect that!"

"Whatever!" Charissa flipped him off and faced the window. She gazed at the clouds and then at the land below them.

I wonder if Keith is in the forest. Geez, any creature could attack him. He should be careful in that place.