❣32❣

Keith and Charissa took slow steps down the stairs. Charissa's fingers were still interwined as Keith's warmth made the butterflies in her belly dance. They kept dancing nonstop and when they reached the last stair, he froze. His grip on her hand tightened as he glared at Adam who was oblivious of their presence. Adam spoke mirthfully with Amelia. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around Amelia's waist.

Yep! These two don't know how or when to use a room. If their goal is to make me jealous, they are failing at it.

"Let's go, Keith," Charissa whispered and took two steps but Keith pulled her back.

"I want to punch him," he muttered.

"Let's just..." Before she could complete her sentence, two pair of eyes bored into their skin.

"Keith?" Adam arched a brow.

"Let's go," Charissa said and with their fingers entwined, she pulled him to the door.

"Wait!" Adam strode to them and arrived at their front. "Where are you going with this guy?"

Charissa rolled her eyes. "It's none..."

Keith cut in, "Of your business".

Charissa paused and quirked a brow as she stared at Keith.

His lips curved into a smile. "I've always wished to say that!"

"Really?"

"Learning from the best"

"Should I be worried? Cos I know I'm not the best"

Keith chuckled but Adam disrupted the sweet melody with his noisy growl.

"Oh my! Sorry! We totally forgot you existed," Charissa announced with a dramatic swirl and smirked.

Amelia appeared and asked, "Are you leaving?"

"Happy?" Charissa quizzed with her voice dripping with sarcasm. "I'm leaving this big house for you. Do whatever you wish. You are dad's favorite. He won't be angry" .

"I won't let you leave," Adam declared and balled his hands into a fist.

"Why?"

"Charissa, what's wrong with you? Ever since our breakup, you have been dating jerks," he snapped and sent an icy glare at Keith.

Charissa smirked, "Yep! I have dated jerks. You are one of them but if you think Keith is a jerk, then I will advise you to destroy that thought".

"You're still not leaving here!" he stomped his feet and crossed his arms over his chest.

"And who is going to stop her?" Keith's voice came out low and sonorous with a warning of danger. Charissa flinched and double checked to be sure the man beside her was Keith. She was suddenly worried. Not that she was scared of Keith but she was worried that Keith would beat Adam to a point he won't be able to move. She liked the idea of that but she didn't want Keith to get in trouble.

Adam scoffed. He placed his hand on Charissa and Keith's entwined fingers and separated them. "I'll stop you, Keith. She is not going anyway," he snarled and narrowed his eyes to slits.

Charissa frowned. She was annoyed that Adam had separated her fingers from Keith's. She suddenly felt bare and unprotected.

Who does Adam think he is? This guy needs a hard slap on his face. Maybe that will bring him to reality.

"Who's your girlfriend?" Keith asked out of the blue. Charissa snapped her head to his direction and sent a questioning look at him. However, his blazing glare never left Adam. "Look there," Keith pointed at Amelia. "That's your girlfriend. Stay away from Charissa".