❣ 21 ❣

A week later, Charissa's thought was in disarray. She sat on the couch, tucked her blonde strands of hair behind her ear and glanced at Keith.

Keith was also devastated on how his month had ended. He drew a cup close to his mouth and drank the content. They were in the living room of his house. Keith had switched off the lights and a lamp illuminated the room. They sat beside each other in the darkness. Keith drank beer while Charissa sat quietly. She was thinking of a way to calm him down.

"Keith, if you keep up with this, you will be drunk!" Charissa scolded.

"I want to get drunk! Maybe that would drown my sorrow!" he sighed and took the bottle of beer. He glared at it and gulped the rest of its content.

"That's your last bottle!"

"No way! I need more!" Keith pouted and rose to his feet.

"Where do you think you are going?"

"To get more bottles!"

"Ugh! Come here!" she gripped his wrist and pulled him back on the couch. "Drinking is not the best solution to this situation!"

He sighed and placed his head on her shoulder. Charissa froze, glanced at him and decided not to shove him.

"What happened? Why did your team lose?"

"No! Tell me what happened to you?" Keith retorted. He hiccupped and waved his hands in the air. "I'm sure you have good news!"

"I have good and bad news!"

"Tell me!"

"No! You tell me what happened to you!" Charissa huffed and crossed her arms on her chest.

"I think I hate Mira!" he muttered.

"Why? What did she do?"

He lifted his head from her shoulder and stood up. He sagged his shoulder and staggered to the kitchen. "I need a drink!" he mumbled.

"Keith," she hopped to her feet and pulled him back to the couch. "Alcohol is injurious to your health!"

He pursed his lips and muttered, "If I had known it would end this way, I won't have joined that competition! Mira was the one who persuaded me to partake of it. She was also the one who made us lose!"

"Tell me everything!"

Keith cleared his throat and started to tell her everything. He told her about Mira's attitude and all she had done.

         ~~°Flashback°~~

Keith had stormed away, leaving Mira on the ground. He strolled for a while before he returned to his tent. He slept and woke up the next morning with a news that Mira was no way to be found.

"Drake, go that way!" Keith pointed to a path. "Cassie, go that way and I will go the other way. We need to find her. If you don't see her, we must all come back here at this exact spot!"

"I hope she is okay!" Cassie sighed.

"Me too!" Drake replied and jogged to the path Keith had pointed.

They all separated as they searched for Mira. Keith was worried. He feared that Mira would have done something to herself.

"I don't think she would hurt herself! I mean, she has to be sensible! Why does these have to happen when we were close to victory!" Keith kept mumbling words to himself.

"My dad gave me a month to get his money. I need to win this competition. Mira, where are you?"

After hours of walking, Keith found himself in front of a road.