❣ 22 ❣

Two days later, Ashton, Lance, Keith and Charissa gathered at Keith's house. They were in his living room. Lance sat on an armchair with his laptop on his thigh, Ashton was on the floor while Charissa and Keith sat on the couch.

"We are back to square one" Lance sighed.

"Keith, I told you not to go! A snake even bit you!" Ashton voiced. "You see! I was right all along".

"Ashton, don't be a fool!" Lance snapped. "You are just making him feel worse!"

"Fine! Sorry bro!" Ashton replied and sent an apologetic look at Keith. Keith's eyes were fixed to the floor so he didn't notice it.

"Let's not talk about me today!" Keith sighed. He rose his head and stared at Charissa. "You haven't told us anything. Were you able to get the answers you wanted?"

"Hmm..." Charissa breathed and huffed. "I only got more confused!"

"Why?"

"Well..." she began to narrate what happened.

         Flashback°~

"I know you! You are my son's girlfriend!" Mr Ford exclaimed.

At first, Charissa was shocked and speechless but she knew she had to handle the situation wisely. She inhaled and replied, "No, sir! You are mistaken!"

"I am not! You are my son's girlfriend!" he insisted. He lay on the bed in a sitting position, motionless. He narrowed his eyes at her. "You are Mr Quinn's daughter!"

Fear gripped Charissa and her next plan was to run. She spun on her heel and ran towards the door.

"Don't leave!" the man called. "I've always wanted to see you!"

Or do you mean kill me? Be clear!

She paused and looked at him.

"How are you, dear?"

I have come too far to run away. I'll take the chance!

"I'm okay!"

I am so glad he is paralyzed. He won't be able to attack me!

"Are you a nurse in this hospital?"

"Hmm..." she trailed off. "Yes! I mean...No!"

"Then why are you..."

She cut him off rudely, "I have questions that you need to answer!"

"What?"

"Yes! I have questions!" she glanced at the security camera and looked back at Mr Ford. He had gray eyes that were as sharp as Zach's. While Zach had golden hair, his father's was black. Mr Ford was tall and slender. He sat still on the bed and his eyes jabbed into hers.

"And they are?"

"Why did you kill my mother?"

"What are..."

"You never expected me to find out, right?" she laughed. "Well, I did and I want to know why you hate my mother so much that you stabbed her five times till she was dead? What did she ever do to you?"

"Wait! I don't..."

She cut in, "I should wait? Did you wait? Did you spare my mother's life?"

"I..."

She cut in again, "Don't even dare deny it"

"I didn't kill your mother. I didn't!" he roared.

"There is no need to lie! Just answer my questions. That's all I am asking from you!"