❣ 24 ❣

The picture above is the rooftop! I hope it is okay! 😊

Keith's rooftop was a remarkable sight. One could relax there. At a corner was a wooden table surrounded by chairs. Different trees in their flower pots sat at various angles. The weather was pleasant and the sun bathed the earth with its ray.

The wind swept across Charissa's face and her blonde hair came in contact with her mouth. She tucked the strands of hair behind her ear and sat on one of the wooden chairs. She glanced at Keith. He stood at the edge of the roof and was gazing at the wonderful view. She got to her feet and joined him.

"Wow! You made the right decision buying this house. It's amazing" she turned to him. "You really like to do things that make you happy!"

"Life is short!" he tittered. He tilted his head and smiled at her. "Would you like to tell me more about yourself?"

"More about me?" she exclaimed and poked her chest with her thumb.

"Yeah!"

"Ugh!" she rolled her eyes. "There is nothing to tell you, Keith!"

"Why?"

If I do tell you anything, you might judge me and our friendship will end just like all the people I had once considered my friends.

"What's wrong, Charissa?"

She waved her hand in a dismissive manner. "I'm fine, peanut!"

"Peanut? Come on!" he whined.

She settled on a wooden chair and shrugged, "I think the name suits you!"

"It doesn't!"

"Whatever! It will still stick!"

He pulled his chair till it faced Charissa and sat in front of her. Her body tensed and she cocked a brow.

"Aren't you gonna tell me something about yourself? I will share mine too! Let's get to know ourselves better," Keith urged.

"What do you what to know about me?"

"You know, what makes you smile, laugh, cry and happy! Your favorite color, favorite food, happy memories..." he smiled. "Things like that"

Charissa pursed her lips and shook her head defiantly.

Keith leaned and gazed into her eyes. His bright green irises gleamed. "I'm guessing you are wearing a veil" he whispered.

An amused smile crept on Charissa's face. "Do I look like I am wearing a veil?" she sniggered.

"I don't mean veil like...you know veil... I mean..." he facepalmed himself. "I mean to say that you always try to dress your persona. You never show who you truly her. The person you present to the world is not the true Charissa within you".

Charissa's eyes went round and her mouth fell open.

"I'm not sure! I don't want to judge but I feel like you haven't discovered who you are. You try to shut people out. I think your past is the cause of this. You are afraid of being betrayed or hurt. I'm sure the death of your mother had infused that but..." he inhaled and breathed out. "You don't have to be scared. Be who you are. Don't let the world define you. That's what I believe in and that's why I am like this. If I had followed the path my dad forced on me, I would have ended up as a sadist!"

"I...I...I am not wearing any veil" she stammered. "This is me!"

"Are you sure?"

Charissa sat in silence as she stared at the floor.