❣ 19 ❣

Keith's eyes darted up and down the mountain. He scratched his jaw and exclaimed, "It's kinda of high!"

"No! It is high!" Mira snapped.

"So, we have to climb it to the other side, right?" he cocked a brow.

"Yes! If we can climb it to the other side, then we will be closer to the finish line" she explained.

"For real?" Drake butted in.

"Yes! Didn't you guys look at the map? It is clearly written there" Mira rolled her eyes.

"Okay! If we climb this mountain..."

Mira cut him off, "We will be miles away from the finish line. It's just the third week and we are close to victory!"

"Sweet!" Drake rubbed his palms together. "I can't wait to get my thirty billion dollars"

"Me too!" Drake sighed. "I just can't wait!"

"I got some vines!" Cassie yelled as she walked up to them. "They are really strong!"

"We just have to tie our ropes and vines together. It would help us. In case anyone loses their balance, we can save them from plunging to their death" Keith spoke.

"Yeah! Let's tie our ropes together!" Drake smirked and pulled Cassie to his side. "I won't want my princess to get hurt!"

"Who is your princess?" Cassie hissed.

"You!"

"In your dreams!"

Keith and his team got prepared and began to climb the mountain. It was going to take hours before they could reach the top. They cautiously climbed. The mountain was not sleek and this helped them in their movement.

The wind flew past them and birds soared above their heads.

"I have a confession!" Mira voiced. Everyone snapped their heads at her direction.

"Confession?" Keith's brows lifted.

"I am phobic of height!"

"Why didn't you tell us that?" Keith exclaimed.

"I thought I was brave enough to handle it but I am not. I am freaking out right now!"

"Calm down, Mira!" Keith cajoled. "Please, don't look down".

"Okay! I won't look down! I won't l..." her eyes dropped to the ground. It widened when she saw how far from the ground she was. "Oh my gosh!"

She began hyperventilating. She lost her balance and slipped from the edge she held on to.

"Mira!" Cassie yelled. Keith was quick to grasp her hand. The rope they had tied to themselves kept Mira from falling to the ground.

Keith's grip also loosened. His hand slipped from where he was holding. Drake caught it and they all found themselves in a life or death situation. It was either they all fell down or they got back their balance.

Keith pulled Mira and she gripped an edge with her other hand. She repositioned herself and let go of Keith's hand. He also got his balance and they all let out a sigh of relief. They continued their journey. They reached the peak after 8 hours of climbing.

"Ugh! That was so exhausting! Let's camp here for the night!" Drake exhaled and sat on the rocky surface. "I am too tired to move!"

"Yes! I am also exhausted!" Mira shrugged her back off her shoulder and brought out some fruits she had stored. "You can eat this!"

Cassie cast her a sidelong glance. Mira wasn't wearing her usual scowl.

"What's up with you?" Cassie asked.