Chapter 23

*YO MUFFINS!! SO I'M JUST GONNA SAY THIS RIGHT AWAY. AHEM...TOMORROW IS MY FINAL SCIENCE EXAM OF MY 9TH GRADE!
IK I'M SUPPOSED TO BE STUDYING BUT I'M HELLA STRESSED SO I THOUGHT WRITING A CHARTER WOULD COOL ME DOWN A BIT. HOPE YOU'LL LIKE IT!

VOTE-COMMENT-SHARE-ENJOY~*

Chapter 23

Where.......am I?

I wandered to far away and I haven't been paying attention to the direction I was walking towards. And it was all thanks to my stupid brain which kept thinking about what happened a while ago. Now here I am, lost in the woods. And the worst part is..

It's night.

It's so dark that I get creeped out by some trees which I've mistaken for some dark figure. I kept walking and tried ignoring the silence. All I can hear is the crunching of dead twigs underneath me as I walk. Normally, you'd hear an owl hooting or a cricket making noises but it's too silent here. Then, I heard a sound behind me. I turned around and saw a bush shaking. I stood like a statue and didn't move an inch.

Please be a fuzzy bunny. Oh god please let it be a cute little fuzzy bunny for once!

Then it stopped shaking. I stayed in my position for two minutes. But nothing happened. I slowly walked over to the bush, praying that nothing will leap out and eat me. And that it's still a fuzzy bunny.

I looked behind the bush and found nothing. I don't know whether to be relieved or creeped out because one: nothing ate me, and two: how was the bush shaking?

Ok I should be creeped out...

I turned around and tried to run but I bumped into someth- no, someone. I gulped and slowly lifted my head. I stared wide-eyed at a man wearing a blue mask. The mask covered his whole face but in the place where his eyes should be, there was a black liquid substance coming out of it. I couldn't see his eyes.

Duh, it's dark.

I took two steps back, "Who.....who are you?"

He didn't say anything. He just tilted his head a little. I took a few more steps back. And that's when he started walking towards me. I was about to run but he suddenly pinned me to a tree and held a knife toward my neck.

Woah I did not see that coming.

This time, I got a clear look at his mask. I really couldn't see his eyes.

He doesn't have eyes?

I shivered at the thought. But then again, I'm already a little used to creepy stuff. I needed to distract this guy. I looked behind him, "What the-?! How many of you creepy guys are there?!" He quickly turned his head.

He didn't just fall for that did he?

I kneed him where the sun doesn't shine and he jolted backwards. I took my chance and ran as fast as I could. I didn't dare to look back. But I heard the footsteps coming closer and soon enough, that person lunged on me and I fell to the ground. I felt a sharp pain pierce through my leg as I let out a scream. Then I felt it again as I screamed one more time.

I couldn't think of anything. I felt weak and helpless. I guess this is how my life ends. It wasn't worth living anyway. I slowly closed my eyes and waited for death to embrace me.

But why don't I see my life flashing in front of my eyes?

*

I woke up in my room and I was lying on my bed. I still felt dizzy and weak. I looked around and everything was normal.