036

***

"Thank you" I said to my uber driver as I got out of the car. I spent the last two weeks at Quincy's place. Being with him helped take my mind off of everything but it felt good to just be back at home. My bed has been calling my name.

I walked inside the building and headed right up to my apartment. I reached inside my purse for my keys as I walked down the hall. As I unlocked the door I could hear a few voices on the other side of it.

"Ayeee look who's finally home!" Michelle exclaimed throwing her hands up in the air. Music was playing lowly through the speaker.

"Hey P" Jacobi and Sean said in unison.

"You gotta take a shot!" Michelle said filling up a shot glass.

We're always hanging out on a random night for no reason at all. I didn't even know I was coming home to company. Good thing it's only Jacobi and Sean. If it was Tyler and his friend, me and Michelle would've had to fight.

"Hey yall" I smiled "Let me put my stuff up. I'll be back" I told them before going into my bedroom. I unzipped my bag and just turned it over dumping all my clothes into the dirty clothes hamper. I sent a text to Quincy letting him know I was home. I always forget to text him and let him know when I'm home but I knew with everything that happened to me he would actually worry if I didn't keep him posted. Once I pressed send I plugged my phone into the charger before joining everybody.

"Now what're we taking shots for?" I asked walking over to the kitchen counter.

"We need a reason to take shots?" Sean laughed filling up everybody's shot glass.

"Touché" I replied. We clinked our glasses before tossing it back.

"Oohh" I groaned as the alcohol went down my throat, "Lemme get another one"

"Sean c'mon hurry up and roll up." Michelle said.

"Ion got no woods" He replied pulling a baggy full of weed from his pocket.

"I got some" She replied before running off to her to grab them.

"How you been? I haven't heard from you inna minute." Jacobi asked me leaning against the counter.

"I'm in a better place now" I replied shrugging my shoulders

"I'm in a better place now" I replied shrugging my shoulders. I hadn't seen him or Sean since the party. They've both sent a few texts checking up on me and insisting on coming to see me.

"That's good. You know I put the paws on dude that night? I hit em with that Mayweather special." Jacobi said and started to punch the air. "He tried to swing. I ducked, hit em with that bink bink. He hit me, boom, I ate that shit." He was reenacting the fight and I was cracking up. I loved when Chicago niggas tell stories. They're so extra and animated.