022

***

After the art show Michelle and I went back to Q's loft to hang out with him and his friends. Lil Baby was playing loudly through the speakers and everybody was just mingling amongst each other.

"You look fine as fuck. I like the red hair" Q says leaning down to kiss my lips.

"You've been kissing on me all night" I laughed.

"Is that a problem?" He questioned kissing me again.

"No but your lil friend over there is getting jealous" I replied looking over at Sydney who hasn't taken her eyes off us all night. He looks over his shoulder to see who I was talking about.

He smacks his lips "Man fuck her"

"Don't act like that ain't your best friend" I laughed before taking a sip from my cup, "How does this situation even work? How are you still friends with your ex?"

"We're not friends, we just have the same friends so we're still cordial" Q replied leaning against the counter.

"You sure? You two seem pretty buddy buddy to me"

"I mean we were friends before we started dating if that's what you're getting at. Like I said we're in the same friend group so I always see her but she's a cool person though beyond our failed relationship"

"Mmh. I just couldn't see myself still being friends with someone I used to fuck yet alone someone I loved romantically not even what? Three or four months ago?" I replied shrugging my shoulders.

"What're you getting at?" He furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"Nothing I was just wondering" I shrugged and leaned against the fridge.

"Seems like you think I'm still fucking with her"

"Those are your words not mine"

"If that's what you wanna ask me then ask. You tryna piece stuff together and shit. I'm not with the childish ass mind games you tryna play. I'm a grown ass man."

Him just saying that made my face turn sour. One of the main reasons I never dealt with a man older than me is because they always throw the age difference back in your face. Like bro you are only four years older than me. They instantly equate younger age to being immature. Any thing you do becomes "little girl shit."

"Fuck you gotta attitude for?" I frowned looking up at him.

"Nobody got an attitude" He replied looking straight ahead. I just stared at him keeping the same mean mug on my face. I knew he felt me staring a hole into the side of his face.

He eventually looked down at me, "What?" He asked shrugging his shoulder.

"Yeah I'm just gonna walk away now and let you get yourself together" I frowned walking away from him.

"Paris" I could hear him say.

I just ignored him and looked for Michelle. She was standing over in the cut talking to Jalen.

"Hey do you mind if I steal her for a second?" I asked as I linked Michelle's arm with mine.

"Nah go for it. I need to refill my cup anyways" Jalen replies.