002

***

I locked my car doors and headed out the parking garage. As soon as I stepped inside NBA Youngboy filled my ears. Michelle loved listening to her music on full blast. I didn't mind as long as when I was going to sleep, it was off. I didn't want to be that roommate that complained about everything so I just kept things to myself.

I tossed my keys onto the kitchen counter and headed straight to my room. I tossed my bag onto my bed and took off my shoes. I opened up my bag of chipotle and took out my burrito bowl. I plopped down at my computer desk and logged on to my computer. I went to FaceTime and clicked

Pops❤️

It rang a few times before his face finally appeared on my screen.

"Hey daddy" I smile, "Why you always got that damn durag on whenever I call you?"

"Drip or drown babygirl, drip or drown" He chuckles propping the phone up on the kitchen counter giving me a view of the entire kitchen. I could hear the sound of something sizzling in a skillet.

"How's school? What them grades looking like?" He pops his head back into the camera raising an eyebrow at me.

"Grades are good as always daddy. I don't know why you ask all the time"

"Ayeee is that Paris" I could hear my little brother, King, voice say from far away.

Seconds later his face was on my screen. He stood there rubbing his face just checking himself out on the camera. "See this Rollie? You could never" He starts showing off the silver watch on his wrist.

"Pops show her ya watch" King says to my dad and my dad gets in the screen and begins to flex his watch as well.

"This an AP right here. You'on know none bout that. This grown man shit right here"

"Y'all look stupid" I laugh rolling my eyes at them.

My dad owns a few apartment buildings and houses around town so money is very abundant. My mom also has her own hair salon. If people heard that they'd automatically hear "spoiled rich" kid. When really, I didn't want their money. That's why I never ask for money or help with my tuition. I don't want to depend on them forever.