050

•Paris' Point Of View•

"I'm not sleepy right now. Imma just watch tv downstairs"

"You can watch tv right here" Quincy told me

"Nah it's okay, I don't want the tv to keep you up. I'll come up when I'm done" I kissed his lips before going downstairs.

I had started watching Station 19 at the airport and on my flight so I was determined to finish season one tonight. I grabbed a blanket out of the closet before making myself comfortable on the couch.

I could feel Quincy squeezing onto the couch behind me. I then realized that I fell asleep on the couch instead of going upstairs with him. I turned over and rested my head on his chest as he pulled me closer against him. He draped his leg over me before I slowly drifted back into a deep sleep.

"Paris"

"Mmh" I replied still half asleep with my eyes shut.

"I'm finna leave"

"Mmhmm"

"Call me when you wake up" He said and kissed my forehead.

"Mmhm" I could hear him talking but I was just more focused on going back to sleep. I heard the doors to the elevator shut and I went right back to sleep.

When I finally woke up I laid there on the couch for a little bit before going upstairs. I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. Once I was done I decided to FaceTime Quincy. The call rang a few times before it started to connect.

"Hey" I said sitting down on the bed.

"Goodmorning. You just now waking up?"

"Yeah I went to sleep late as fuck. How long have you been gone?"

"Like 2 hours"

"How's it coming along?" I laid down on the bed making myself more comfortable.

"It's boring as hell out here and I haven't eaten but I'm making progress. I should be home at like 3, I got a client coming over for a tatt" Quincy replied turning his attention to whatever he's working on.

"K. Well Imma let you get back to work. I'll see you later"

"Ight bye, love you"

"Love you too"

I put my phone on the charger before hopping in the shower to get ready for the day. I don't know what exactly I am going to get into today but I didn't just want to be in the bed all day.

I put on a pair of grey leggings and black cropped sweatshirt. Just as I was about to go downstairs my phone started ringing. I walked over to see who it was and it was my dad.

"Hey" I answered as I walked down the stairs.

"Hey I was just calling to tell you that Tyrone is available tomorrow morning to show you the apartment out there. I figured you and Q can go check it out"

"Oh okay, yeah I'll definitely check it out before I leave" 

I hadn't told Quincy about my internship out here yet. Seeing him whenever I want is something that I've wanted for a while however I don't know the effects that will have on our relationship.

Maybe seeing each other all the time isn't meant for us and the distance is the reason everything is so great between us. Maybe he likes me being away. Maybe that's why he was acting so iffy last night.

Me being here for the entire summer might ruin whatever he had planned. I don't want him to think because I'm here, he has to be with me 24/7. I also don't want him to think I solely took this internship to be closer to him. One thing I don't want to be is a girlfriend that clings to her man's side all day everyday. I just hate for him to feel like I'm smothering him.