Friendships

Start song at 1:50 

Lottie's P.O.V

Jamie, Mila, and I were sitting in the cafeteria. Mila was smiling and happy until Alia came over and sat down.

"Hey, Little Miss Perfect." She said.

"Hi, Party Girl," Alia responded. 

I looked to Jamie who seemed just as confused as I was.

"What's up with you guys?" Jamie asked.

"Ok pause," Alia said.

"Today is Vent Day, once every month we have one day where we get mad at each other and complement each other at the same time so that we always stay as close as we are now," Mila explained.

"That's a little confusing and weird but whatever," Jamie said.

"By the way, you think I'm perfect?" Alia asked.

"Yeah, and you think I'm fun?" Mila asked.

"Of course! Now... resume." Alia responded.

They both flipped their hair and turned away from each other.

"Oh, now I get it," I said. It was actually a pretty good idea.

"You know, I don't blame you for being so fun. I mean look at your family. #Snoozefest." Alia said.

Mila smiled, "At least my family doesn't only care about fighting."

Alia scoffed, "At least my family cares about me."

"By the way, I found out that you lied to me about what happened that time when I was kidnapped," Mila said.

"Yeah, I've lied to you about a lot of things," Alia said.

"Ok pause. What really happened? And you have to tell me the complete truth." Mila said.

"Fine, we kept the truth from you because we were only 10 and we didn't want you to be scared of me. You and I had just become close friends and they didn't want that relationship to break." Alia said. 

"Wait I thought partizans were supposed to bond with their princess or prince straight from when they were born," I said.

"Yeah, how is it possible that you started becoming friends at the age of 10?" Jamie included.

"First of all, I wouldn't really count you and Ellie as friends. But, what happened was that I grew up with the government agents and the king and queen didn't see it necessary for Mila to have a partizan until she was 9 years old." Alia explained.

"Oh, you should have seen Alia and me when we were 9. We hated each other, I thought Alia was too strict and uptight..." Mila said.

"And I thought Mila was too impulsive and I hated how she surrounded her life around boys and neglected her studies," Alia said.

That sounded a lot like Ellie and Jamie. I smiled and saw Jamie looking at me. 

"So, what happened?" I asked, kind of hoping to get some answers on how to bring Jamie and Ellie closer.

"Well, we both started to just fall into each other. Mila taught me things that I liked to use on my missions that made me more fun." Alia said.

"And Alia taught me how to focus and taught me to not depend on others so much," Mila replied.

"Now we're the perfect team!" Alia said.

"Yeah, I get loads of boyfriends and Alia unintentionally steals other people's boyfriends," Mila said laughing.