The Haru Scheme

Lottie's P.O.V

It had been 2 days since my ex-boyfriends had come to the school. Alia got them to leave and Jamie and Ellie wouldn't stop asking me questions. Ellie and I still hadn't gotten rid of Haru and he seemed closer to Jamie than ever.

Jamie was sitting with Haru again and I was sitting with Alia. Now was the perfect time to ask her.

"Hey Alia, how much do you know about Leviathan and... how to stop them?"

"A lot. I know that Leviathan likes to hide in the shadows, that they trap partizans, they have the hamelin formula and they've been trying to use it, they're loyal to some "master" and they all have the same mark. And that's just some of what I know. If someone wanted to recruit me to get rid of a Leviathan member who's getting a little too close to one of their friends I would be the perfect candidate." 

"Good, I want to get rid of Haru. But, I have no idea how and I need your help." Just then Jamie stood up and walked towards the dorms and Haru started walking towards us.

"Meet me in the gym at midnight. Don't be late and come alone." Alia said as Haru passed by us.

She smiled and slipped me a note.

It said:

𝐹𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐼 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹. 𝐻𝑒𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓌𝑒'𝓁𝓁 𝒹𝑜: 

𝐼𝓃 𝒶 𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓀 𝒶𝓉 𝓁𝓊𝓃𝒸𝒽 𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝓅𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓁 𝑜𝓃 𝓁𝑜𝒸𝓀𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝑔𝑜 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝒾𝓇 𝒹𝑜𝓇𝓂𝓈. 𝒯𝑜𝒹𝒶𝓎 𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝓃𝑜𝓉𝑒 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 "𝐼𝓃𝑔𝓇𝒾𝒹" 𝓉𝑜 𝐻𝒶𝓇𝓊 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒶 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓅𝓁𝑒 𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝐿𝑒𝓋𝒾𝒶𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇𝓈 𝓈𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐿𝑒𝓋𝒾𝒶𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝒸𝓀𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒶𝓉𝓉𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃. 

𝒪𝓃𝒸𝑒, 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒾𝓈𝒽𝑒𝒹 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓃𝑜𝓉𝑒 𝓉𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝒾𝓉 𝓊𝓅 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑜𝓌 𝒾𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓈𝒽.

I nodded to Alia and tore up the note into tiny pieces and dropped them in the recycling bin as we left the cafeteria.

.   .   .

The next day I saw Haru and Jamie talking in the library. I tried to tell myself that I just had to wait another 6 days and Haru would be gone but, I couldn't stop myself from worrying about Jamie. I looked to Alia pleadingly and she gave me an understanding look. I smiled and carefully walked towards Jamie and Haru.

"Hi, can I borrow Jamie for a second?" I asked.

"Sure, Pumpkin Princess." Haru said.

Jamie gave me a confused look as I grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the janitor's closet. I pushed him inside and closed the door. I looked through the window to see Alia distracting Haru.

"What is this about?" Jamie asked.

"I want you to stay away from Haru for the next week. Okay?" I said still looking through the window to make sure Haru wasn't watching.