Short Story: The musical

Today was the day before the musical of Maleficent was happening. Lottie was Aurora, Jamie was the pianist, Alia was the lead violinist, Anastacia was Maleficent, and Edmund was Philip. The drama teacher was running around helping everyone. She walked quickly towards Lottie, Jamie, and Alia.

"There's been a last minute change and you need to learn this new song. I know you can do it, you're all very talented."

She handed each of them a paper with the lyrics and notes to the song "Lovely" by Billie Eilish.

"Do either of you know this song?" Jamie asked.

"I don't and the end really doesn't make sense to me." Lottie replied.

"Actually I know this song, I can play it." Alia said.

She put her paper on the stand and picked up her violin and played along while she sang. At the end everyone clapped loudly and Alia looked around in confusion.

"I didn't know you could sing like that!" Jamie said.

"I like all music: playing instruments, listening to music, singing, remixing songs." Alia replied.

"Well you're amazing." Lottie said.

"Thanks, I'll help you with the song." Alia said to Lottie.

The three went over lines and practiced songs over and over again.

Lottie was amazing in the musical and Alia and Jamie didn't miss a note. The songs they played were:

At the end, everyone in the musical came to the stage and took a bow and went backstage. Lottie and Jamie met to congratulate each other.

"So... you did great." Lottie said trying to break the ice between them.

"Umm thanks. You did great too." Jamie responded.

"Ok this is just weird. Why are we acting like this?" Lottie joked.

"I have no idea, come here." He took Lottie's hand and pulled her into a tight hug.

When they let go Alia, Ellie, Mila, and Percy were standing there gaping at them while Lottie and Jamie blushed.

"Come on guys, the after party is starting." Mila said.

𝘑𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 - Percy signed.

𝘘𝘶𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘵 - Jamie signed back.

Jamie and Lottie smiled at each other and went their separate ways.