twenty.

CHAPTER TWENTY,
not so smart

        LUCA'S VOCABULARY WAS STILL very limited

        LUCA'S VOCABULARY WAS STILL very limited. He really only said "mama," "eh," and "there." They were still working on trying to get him to say "daddy." It was a work in progress, "Come on, Luca. You got it." Antonio was standing in front of Luca in the kitchen, trying to get him to say "daddy"

Luca looked up at him curiously but didn't say anything. He went back to playing with the food in front of him, causing Antonio to sigh in defeat, "Come on."

"Antonio, he's not even a year old. Give him a break." Ariella laughed as she watched the two of them.

"No, not until he says "daddy" or "dada"." Antonio looked back over to Luca, very determined, "Come on, dude. I'll even settle for just "da"."

"Ma." Luca giggled. Antonio sighed, throwing his head back.

━━━

Ariella had been anxiously sitting at her desk since she got there. Usually Voight was there way before anyone of them, but when he wasn't there, both her and Erin knew something was wrong.

And they were right to think so.

Erin and Jay were over to check in on him, but when they got there, they found his backdoor broken in and the safe in his basement gone. Like physically ripped from the wall.

"Smashed his phone so we couldn't track them." Antonio pointed out as they surveyed the scene.

"You figure two guys?" Jay asked.

"At least." Erin nodded, "Somebody was here. Coffee's Voight, but tea..."

"Voight's not the only one who got snatched." Ariella ran a hand across her forehead, sharing a nervous look with Erin.

━━━

"Voight had cameras at the front and back doors." Antonio spoke as he pointed to the pictures on the board, "Front door, 7:00 this morning, this girl arrives. 7:30, two unknown offenders enter the back. Now, we can't see if Voight or the girl lets them in. Five minutes later, this girl is seen leaving. One of the male subjects escorts her back inside."

"Ten minutes after that, they exit the back with the girl. They're carrying Voight out. He appears to be unconscious." Kevin added.

"We got to put out an all-call message and get a city-wide search going." Jay stated.

"No," Al spoke up, "'Cause we don't know what Voight was into. We're gonna bring him home safe. We do it ourselves. We keep this in-house." He glanced over at Erin and Ariella, "Now, the girl is Olive Morgan. It's a girl Justin dated when he was in town."

"Yeah, I remember her from back in the day. I wouldn't figure her for this." Erin stated.

"We got to run her through every database we got, see if her phone is active, get her family, credit cards. She could be connected to these two, whoever they are." Antonio said.