three.

CHAPTER THREE
insulin

        ARIELLA WAS STANDING IN front of the tombstone which had her parents' names etched into stone

ARIELLA WAS STANDING IN front of the tombstone which had her parents' names etched into stone. It was a sunny day in Chicago, and she thought it would be a good idea to visit her parents. She sighed, breathing in the air and taking a breath.

"Hi, mama, papa." Ariella took another breath, "It's been a little since I've seen you last. I've been kind of busy with work, and Eva, Diego, and Antonio. But I'm here now." She crossed her legs as she got situated.

"I miss you." She stated, "It's been almost a decade, and it feels like a millennium." She let out a teary laugh, "Just know, I'm doing what I'm doing for you both. To make you both proud." She smiled, "I love you both." She pressed a kiss to the tip of her fingers and then pressed it to their names.

━━━

Ariella walked into the precinct and rushed up the stairs up the stairs, over to her desk, "Sorry I'm late. Family stuff." She wrapped her jacket around her chair.

"Everything okay?" Voight asked.

"Yeah, all good." She nodded.

"All right, there are two unrelated wire investigations. Surveillance followed three of area central's top-ranking gang targets to this house on Carpenter. Narcotics haven't gotten anywhere with it, so the command staff wants Intelligence on it. Roll out in five." Voight said, and they all got their jackets. Adam started to put his jacket on the back of Jules' old desk chair.

"Hey, hey, what are ya doing?" Antonio asked.

"I need a desk," Adam replied.

"Not that one. That was Willhite's desk. I'll let everybody know when someone can use it." Antonio said.

"Yeah," Adam nodded, grabbing his jacket and walking back over to his old one. Antonio looked back over to Ariella, who seemed kind of like she was in a daze.

"Hey." Antonio called, and she looked up, "You good?" He asked.

"I'm fine." She nodded, grabbing her jacket and walking out the door.

━━━

"We got the main eye," Al announced into the walkie. He and Adam were dressed undercover while everyone else was sitting, waiting in their cars.

"We're set up to the north," Antonio added.

"We got the south and a partial of the alley," Jay added.