twelve.

CHAPTER TWELVE,
dismantling bombs

        A BOMB HAD GONE off the hospital, already killing multiple people and injuring dozens more

        A BOMB HAD GONE off the hospital, already killing multiple people and injuring dozens more. Kim's niece, who had been at the race, flew back due to the impact and had been injured. Intelligence pulled up and got out of their cars, looking at the demolition the bomb had caused.

"The first bomb detonated at 8:00 A.M. on the dot. The second bomb was located in a rental car. Car is still there." Boden informed them.

"Who dismantled the bomb?" Jay asked.

"We did." He answered.

"Check it out. If they got anything, I want to be notified first." Voight told them.

"Yeah." Jin nodded

"How many confirmed dead?" Ariella asked.

"18 dead... 15 in critical condition, 3 employees unaccounted for." Boden answered, "The sign-ups for the charity race had just started before the bomb detonated. We may have more civilians buried beneath the rubble, but there's no real way of knowing right now."

"FBI special agent in charge wants all the bosses in the command center," Adam informed them, running out of the building.

"All right, everybody inside." He told them, and they nodded, walking inside.

"Are you sure you should be here? I mean, there was an explosion." Adam reminded her.

"I know, but I can't just sit around and do nothing," Ariella told him.

"If you get hurt, I'm sure Antonio'll have our heads," Adam said.

"I'm sure he will." Ariella nodded. They rushed into the hospital, seeing firefighters searching for survivors, doctors, and nurses rushing in and out of the building to help others. They all went in separate directions, talking to doctors, nurses, and patients.

━━━

"Both males enter a white four-door Sedan and head out the southeast exit of the lot. And we have security video?" Al asked, all of them comparing notes.

"The security office was in the impact zone. The database is gone, as in gone-gone." Antonio continued.

"The second car with a bomb was rented out of some dirt-lot company in Milwaukee. The name and the credit card on the rental agreement came back bogus. And there's no security video at the company, or so they're saying. So Milwaukee P.D.'s heading there to investigate." Jay told them.