ten.

CHAPTER TEN,
dismembered hips

        "JUST KNOW, YOU'RE GONNA be put on desk duty

        "JUST KNOW, YOU'RE GONNA be put on desk duty. I know Voight'll agree with me." Antonio told Ariella as he helped her put her jacket on.

"I know. Answer the phones, file files, work on paperwork, I know what to do. I was on patrol too, you know?" She told him.

"Good." He nodded and kissed her head.

"Will you at least bring me lunch?" She asked.

"I'll buy you a whole damn restaurant." He told her.

"Awh, how romantic." She laughed, kissing him, "But I don't need a whole restaurant." She said, "So, when do you think we'll go on our honeymoon?" She asked.

"When things settle down a little. You just got shot." He reminded her, putting his jacket on as she waited at the door.

"Okay, 1, going on vacation would help me heal faster, and 2, things are never going to calm down. It isn't really in our job description." She reminded him.

"I know, so, if, and when, things settle down, then we'll go on that honeymoon you've been dreaming of." He told her.

"Thank you." She smiled, kissing his cheek.

━━━

Lonnie Rodiger was found dead, and obviously, Jay was the number 1 suspect. So, he got suspended, "Told you to be careful, didn't I?" Antonio told Jay as he walked up to Ariella and Antonio.

"I just got suspended," Jay told them.

"You're shocked? I'm the one who brought you into this unit." Antonio reminded him.

"Toni, this wasn't me," Jay said, and Antonio turned around.

"We gotta clock in. Go get yourself a lawyer right now and keep your mouth shut." Antonio said, and he turned around, grabbing Ariella's hand and they both walked into the station.

━━━

At a car crash that CFD responded to, they found a car with a hip in the trunk. A human hip, "Are you sure you should be back and working?" Erin asked as Ariella sat at her desk, sipping on a mug of tea.

"Desk duty. I just needed to get out of the house. I'm going crazy."

"Alright. Just be safe." Erin told her.