two.

CHAPTER TWO,
gouging eyes

        ANTONIO RACED DOWN THE street, ignoring every speed limit and law in the book

        ANTONIO RACED DOWN THE street, ignoring every speed limit and law in the book. Once in front of the bakery, both he and Ariella threw their car doors open and sprinted inside where Laura was already panicking and pacing the room.

When she saw them walk in, she rushed over to them and pulled Ariella into a hug which surprised her, but she didn't mind, "You have to get him back. You have to." Laura begged.

"Yes. We will, I promise." Ariella nodded.

"What do we know?" Antonio asked right off the bat the moment Laura pulled away from Ariella.

"There are no cameras in the alley," Voight announced as he walked into the bakery, "We're checking the streets on both sides for ATM video."

"Neighbors?" Ariella asked.

"One lady gave us a white van, but no license, no driver description, nothing. Detectives are rolling, squads are canvassing the area and knocking on doors, checking for cameras. Someone's on the pods right now. We have security cameras out front, - but nothing in the alley."

"Para Laura, para Laura!" A man begged, being held back by an officer.

"Let him in. Let him in!" Voight nodded to the two officers. They stepped away and let the men rush in, and hand Antonio the paper.

"Pulpo free by midnight, or your son dies." He translated.

"Oh, God." Laura looked like she was gonna be sick.

━━━

Everyone stood somberly in the squad room, upset for Jules' family and the Dawson family, "They took Antonio's son." Voight announced, "And they took my own, as far as I'm concerned. Nothing else matters till we get Diego back. Nothing."

"Sarge," Jay started, "So this all started with Rev and Coop getting their heads chopped off. And both did essentially the same job for Pulpo, mid-level distribution, right? So we know Pulpo's cleaning house. And what do you do when you get rid of old furniture? You got to bring in something new. This guy stood out. It's Ernesto Milpas. He was running 15 corners between 22nd and Kedzie when CPD pinched him in '09." He held up a photo of the guy.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was on that bust with Jules," Antonio glanced at the photo.

"He was released last year," Jay stated.

"He was a climber," Antonio nodded.

"Maybe he's looking to get promoted," Erin suggested.