seventeen.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN,
the murders of olivia and luca rivera

        "ARE YOU SURE YOU want to do this?" Erin asked Ariella as she hung up the photos of her parents

"I have to. If there's a chance, a slight possibility that they were murdered, I want to know." Ariella told her.

"All right." Erin nodded and they turned around to everyone else, who was watching them, "Whenever you're ready." Erin told her, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Um, Olivia and Luca Rivera." She took a deep breath, "13 years ago, a car ran a stop sign and hit their car, killing both of them. At the time the police ruled it a hit-and-run, but I have evidence that proves it wasn't." She told them.

"What do you think it was?" Adam asked.

"Murder-for-hire." She answered.

"Ariella, are you sure you want to do this?" Voight asked, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"I've lived almost half of my life without my parents. If I can bring a little piece of closure to my grandparents, I'm gonna do it." She told him.

"All right, let's do this," Voight told them. Ariella stood in her spot, her mind racing a million miles a minute.

"Hey, you okay," Antonio asked.

"No, not really." She muttered shaking her head, "I really want to find out what happened to them, but I shoved this deep down a while ago. I don't want to have to bring all those bad memories to the surface."

"We're gonna find out who did this to them. We're gonna get justice for them." Antonio told her, pulling her into a hug and kissing the top of her head.

━━━

Ariella and Antonio were standing outside of Luca's parent's house, the people who raised Ariella until the age of 18. She took a deep breath and knocked on the door. They heard footsteps, and the door opened, "Ariella, Mija. What are you doing here?" Her grandmother, Katerina, asked.

"Hi, Abuela." Ariella smiled softly, "Can we come in? It's a work thing." She said, and the woman nodded her head. The partner duo walked into the house.

"So, what's this about?" Her grandfather, Robert asked from his seat on the couch. His wife sat down next to him.

"It's about mom and dad," Ariella told them, sitting down on the couch opposite from him.

"Luca and Olivia? What about them?" Robert asked. Ariella looked away, catching a glimpse at the photo on the mantle of Ariella and her grandparents at an amusement park.

"We have some new evidence that Mr. and Mrs. Rivera were murdered," Antonio informed them.

"Murdered?" Katerina asked, and Antonio nodded.