eleven.

CHAPTER ELEVEN,
eight million different reasons.

        ARIELLA WAS PUSHING A cart through a liquor store, looking at all the different products lining the shelves

ARIELLA WAS PUSHING A cart through a liquor store, looking at all the different products lining the shelves. Once she had everything, she walked toward the cashier. When she turned the corner, she saw Nadia standing at the end of the aisle.

She sighed and set all her items on the counter and pulled her money out of her wallet, "$16.23." The cashier told her. She nodded, handing him her money.

"Hey. I wanted to come talk to you, like, a million times." Nadia told her.

"Uh-huh." She nodded.

"I'm clean. 30 days." Nadia held up her sobriety coin and Ariella sighed, turning her whole body to her.

"Congratulations, Nadia. Sincerely." Ariella nodded.

"Thank you. For trying with me." Nadia smiled, "Look, I know it took a few times, but what you did for me, it really stuck." Ariella grabbed her bags that the cashier had packed for her.

"Take care of yourself," Ariella told her, and walked out of the store, taking a sip of the water bottle as she walked back to her car.

━━━

"So, she's clean? Like, clean-clean?" Erin asked Ariella.

"That's what she said. Had the sobriety coin and all." Ariella shrugged as they walked down the stairs towards their cars, on their way to the crime scene, "But, then again, you and I both know how easy it is to get hooked back on it again."

"Well, onto happier news, when are you due?" She asked.

"A month? A month and a half?" She estimated.

"Oh, this is so fun." Erin hugged her.

━━━

Voight, Antonio, Sumner, Al, and Adam walked down the stairs towards the vault. Looking at the two guards that were dead, pools of blood surrounded them, "All right, where are we at so far?" He asked, meeting up with Jay, Erin, and Ariella who were already standing in the vault.

"The four guards are dead, and one guy's wounded," Jay told them.

"What'd they get?" Voight asked.

"Eight million in cash." Erin answered, and Voight whistled, "International currency shipment from Nagano, Japan, headed down to the federal reserve on Lasalle. They cleared customs fine, and then the money came here to be loaded onto an armored car."