𝗦𝟭, 𝗘𝗽𝟭𝟳: 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻. 𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻. 𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

| khloe |

I paced around the front of the school building as I tapped my nails against my phone screen. It buzzed and I let out a sigh as I quickly unlocked it and checked the message.

athena: just stay where u are. we'll be there in 10

me: hurry

athena: if you're hungry just go and get lunch.

athena: we'll be there by the time you're done.

I groaned loudly as I entered the building and headed to the cafeteria. I walked in and took especially long to buy my food. I looked at our table and no one was there.

Harley was at home. Chase was with Athena and Ricky said he had business to handle so he couldn't come today.

Wait, where's Luna?

I scanned the cafeteria but I couldn't find her anywhere. My eyes landed on Carter who was sat with the other jocks. A cheerleader was on his lap and whispered something in his ear, but his eyes were on me the entire time.

I need to get out of here.

I turned away from him and walked back into the halls. I almost collided into Luna as she pulled off her headphones. "Hey!" I said with a smile and she smiled back weakly. "I've been looking for you cause I have no one to sit with," I said as she stared down at my food and then back at me.

"You okay? You look like you don't know where you are," I asked as I laughed weakly. "Listen, um Carter's waiting for me in the cafeteria so I kind of have to go. I would invite you to come but that would be a little weird." She said and I nodded.

"Oh, that's um totally cool. You can go," I said and she smiled weakly before entering the cafeteria and I headed towards my locker. I saw Athena burst through the main doors and I sighed of relief as I walked towards her. She jogged towards me and grabbed my hand. "Where's Luna?" She asked quickly as she speedwalked into the cafeteria, dragging me behind her and we stopped as she scanned the room.

Like she said, she was sitting with Carter on the jocks table. "Ahhh it doesn't matter, forget her," She said as she tugged me towards our table and we sat down and I opened my box of salad. "So what happened? Apparently you left halfway through your free period," I said as I started eating.

"Khlo, it's free period. I'm pretty sure I can leave if I want to," She said. "Okay, umm Chase and I went to Harley's," Athena said as she ran her hand through her hair. "What were you guys doing at her house?" I asked.

"He was showing me why he left her house that night. Khlo, he fucked up her kitchen, like big time. The whole place is a mess," She said and my eyes widened.

"And then he just left?" I asked.

"And then he just left," She repeated as she threw her hands in the air.

"He covered it up with some invisibility spell that him and Harley can do I guess," She rambled quickly and from the corner of my eye, I caught Harley in the line for a drink.

I pointed to her with my fork and Athena turned around to look before facing me. "Chase like disappeared after we left her house. I think he's gonna skip last period, but she's like on edge. Everyone's been acting weird since the Valley," Athena muttered as Luna sat down at our table.

"You have explaining to do," Athena said immediately as she pointed to Luna. "What happened at the Valley?" She asked her and Luna's face has a sense of panic before returning to normal. "I didn't wanna say it earlier cause I don't want it to be weird," She said as she looked up and watched Harley walk out of the cafeteria.