𝗦𝟭, 𝗘𝗽𝟮𝟬: 𝗶'𝗺 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗲𝗹

| athena |

Getting ready for school the next day was more tiring than usual. I wore my usual stockings and school pumps with my skirt, shirt and tie. I chose a cardigan instead of the school vest and left my hair in it's natural voluminous state. I had breakfast and drove to school without picking up Khloe. I know she's always been a shy, timid person, but her excuse was lame, even for her.

I parked in my usual space, got out and walked up to Luna at the front of the school doors. I have a feeling she hasn't spoken to any of the others since yesterday. "So I assume we're hanging out together?" I asked as one of the freshman girls approached me with an iced latte. I took it from her and took a sip before continuing towards my locker.

"Do you force them to that?" Luna asked as she stared at the drink in my hand and I shrugged. "You think I tell them to do this?" I scoffed and she shrugged. "You could have dozens of kids offering you free stuff. You have that kind of power over them," I added and she shook her head. "I'd rather get my snacks myself. Who knows what they could've done to it," She teased as I stopped walking.

I handed it to a random sophomore boy and continued walking. I didn't recognise him so he's kind of irrelevant in my mind. "D-Do you really think they're not gonna show up today?" Luna stuttered as we approached my locker and I raised my eyebrow.

"You seem nervous," I commented and she ran her hands through her hair. "I was kind of hoping that everyone would be on board," She said as I pulled out a few books that I'll need for first period.

"Who knew they all had their own lives outside of hangouts after school and our lunch circle," I said sarcastically and she rolled her eyes. "That's not what I meant," She drawled and I slammed my locker shut. Carter approached us with Harley and Luna's face fell as she glared at him. "So are you guys gonna be at the lunch table?" He asked but he was directing his question at Luna.

"I'm here too, you know," I scoffed and he didn't take his eyes off her. "Well look at that, the bell rang," Luna said angrily before grabbing my arm and tugging me away from them and towards the direction of the main stairs. "Geez, what'd he do?" I asked when she let go of me and began walking up the school stairs. "I think he likes me," She admitted and I raised both eyebrows.

"And you're mad about that?" I asked. "I'm mad because..." She said with an angry look, which turned into a defeated one. "That I might like him too." She mumbled as she looked at the floor and I couldn't contain my smile.

The Luna Kendrick, crushing on someone.

"It's that serious?" I asked and she looked at me. "We hang out a lot more than you guys think. I just never said anything for the sake of Khloe and because I didn't think it'd matter, and now it does," She sighed as she fiddled with her hands.

"I only agreed to helping him get over Khloe. Not let him hit on me," She grumbled as she walked away and I followed her.

| khloe |

The bell for lunch rang and I walked out of my class and felt an arm swing over my shoulder as I walked down the corridor. "Why you upset?" Ricky asked as he looked down at me and I played with the hem of my hoodie.

I love how he comes to pick me up. He's become a regular face in a school he doesn't go to.

"Athena's been ignoring me all day," I muttered and he muttered an "oh" and didn't respond. "This is about yesterday isn't it? Is it cause I said no?" I asked him and he didn't respond. "I-I mean even Harley said that Luna and Athena totally ignored her this morning. I don't get the big deal," I complained as we walked to the cafeteria.