𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟯: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗸𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘂𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

| khloe |

"What the hell is the curse of the Fallen Stars?" I asked Ricky for like the seventh time. He mentioned it last night and I couldn't stop thinking about it.

"It's not a curse," He responded and I raised my eyebrow as he tossed me one of his tracksuits and I climbed out of bed.

"But last night, you said it was a curse,"

"Did I?"

"Yeah, you did,"

"Oh," He paused and I waited for an answer. "Well, it's not," He clarified and I groaned as I pulled on the bottoms and moved my hair aside so I could pull on the hoodie. "There's a legend that on the night of the Fallen Star-"

"Wait!" I cried out as I quickly shrugged on the hoodie and sat cross-legged on the bed. "Proceed," I said and he smirked as he changed too. "On the night of the Fallen Star, a curse will be lifted-"

"So there is a curse?" I asked and he sighed. "Do you wanna know the story or not?" He asked and I nodded as I lifted my hair to tie it up.

"A curse on one of the ancestors will be lifted and their level of strength will reach an exponential level that can cause a natural disaster on a global scale," He explained and my eyes widened.

"Well, what was the curse?" I asked as I leaned forward and he walked towards me. "I'm not sure," He replied with uncertainty as he pulled me off the bed. "Well do you know which ancestor it was?" I asked and he shook his head.

"There's only a certain amount of information I'm allowed to disclose," He said as we walked hand-in-hand towards the bedroom door and  I rolled my eyes.

"Well I think that's very stupid," I muttered and he smiled as we walked downstairs. "Hey guys, there's breakfast in the living room," Harley said and we headed into the kitchen. Kat and Chase were watching Athena cooking in the kitchen.

"She's been up since like 4am," Kat muttered as she titled her head to the side. "This is normal," I shrugged as I grabbed a plate and grabbed the breakfast laid out in trays neatly.

"You guys said she hasn't changed," Harley said as she walked into the kitchen as Athena focused on frying the hash browns, drowning us out with her headphones.

"Harley. Drop it. For your own sanity and mine," I muttered as I started eating. "Play nice," Ricky whispered in my ear.

"She only got here two seconds and she's already pissing me off." I hissed back and he smiled at my bitterness.

Athena finished the dishes and shrugged off her headphones. She turned around and faced all of us as she pulled her hair out of her ponytail. "My music wasn't that loud by the way," She commented as she grabbed a strip of bacon and left the room.

Silence fell amongst the kitchen as we all looked at each other.

𐐒𐐚 ° ˚ ₒ ∞ 𐐒𐐚 ° ˚ ₒ ∞ 𐐒𐐚

"Great work Athena! Lovely improvement," One of the instructors yelled. I lowered the punching guards as I caught Athena practising with one of the instructors. They've been close since we got back from California and he's basically her only friend, other than us.

After debrief we usually have combat training, where we work with fitness trainers that come from across the east coast. They specialise in helping us in terms of our hand-to-hand combat.

In terms of our powers....well nobody can really help us with that.

"Hey, focus," Ricky hissed as I turned back to face him. "Do you think she's okay?" I asked again for the thousandth time. "Athena wouldn't say anything even if she was okay," He reminded me and I sighed. "I mean she seems different but not at the same time," I continued and he gave me a look.