𝗦𝟮, 𝗘𝗽𝟭𝟬: 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝗻𝘃𝗼𝗹𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗯𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗲𝗱

| luna |

"Nick, do you not have like a life outside of our conversations?" I questioned as I shut my car door behind me. I was over an hour late for class and somehow, Nick already knew that. "Oh come on, you love our conversations," He teased and I spun around and stopped him.

"You just want to probe my head for information just like everyone else. The difference between you and them is that I know why they're doing it. I can't seem to figure out what your excuse is," I sighed and he kept his eyes on mine like he was searching for something.

"Fine, you wanna know?" He questioned and I nodded. "Please, enlighten me," I said as I threw my hands in the air and waited for his response. "Remember how on our trip, you asked me where I came from," He began and I nodded.

"And I told you I've never heard of Werveieme City," He continued slowly and I rolled my eyes. "There better be a point to all of this," I warned and he sighed.

"I lost someone to an accident that happened here a year ago,"

I froze.

"I wanted to know if you knew anything about it," He asked and my focus completely shifted to that night.

"I promise I won't leave you,"

"Is there anyone else in the building?"

"My friends are in there!" 

"Wait, where's Carter?!" 

"No, you guys had to have got out with him," 

"It's gonna be okay," 

"He's gone."

"Luna? Luna!" Nick said loudly and I took a few deep breaths. "You know something," He said slowly as it dawned on him. "You know what Nick? Yes, yes I do know something. I know a lot, in fact, I know too much." I admitted and his eyes widened as he stepped closer and I immediately retreated.

"You have to tell me everything you know," He ordered and I held my hands up to stop him.

"Everyone in town knows what happened. I am not going to put myself through that kind of trauma again because you wanna know what happened to some irrelevant-"

"My father." Nick stopped me and I stopped my rant as I let my arms fall back to my sides. "I'm sorry Nick, I can't help you," I finished as I turned around and began walking to the building.

He grabbed me and I screamed as I felt him tugging me across the parking lot and into a secluded area where no one can see us. "Let go of me, Nick," I hissed as I fought against his grasp. "Fine! I lied. My dad moved to Dubai 12 years ago. Never knew him," He growled and I rolled my eyes.

"I bet you fed that lame-ass lie to Athena," I shot and he smirked. "She fell for the whole thing," He replied and I rolled my eyes. "You are so full of shit. What do you want Nick?" I asked again for what felt like the hundredth time.

I know who you are," He said slowly and I stilled as my mind thought back to yesterday night. "I didn't think I could find you here, but here you are," He laughed dryly as he took a good look at me. "You have no idea who I am," I reminded him and he scoffed as he looked away for a second before his grip tightened on my shoulders.

"Don't lie to me, Katalina," He warned me and my heart dropped.

"Who are you?" I whispered and he lowered his head and his lips were just on the corner of my ear.

"Someone you shouldn't cross,"

He pushed himself off me and disappeared in seconds. I ran my hands through my hair as I tried to settle my panic but I couldn't control the shaking in my hands. I leaned against the tree as I took deep breaths.