𝗦𝟮, 𝗘𝗽𝟱: 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗮𝗯𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗵𝗶𝗺 𝗮𝗹𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝘆

| luna |

"Thanks for taking me shopping," Beatrix said as she unlocked my car door and I rolled my eyes. "Where the hell is Nick?" I asked her again for what felt like the thousandth time. She checked her phone before putting it away.

"He's at your school," She said as she closed the car door and walked away. "You couldn't have said that before," I muttered as I drove to school and arrived in less than five minutes. I climbed out of my car and shut the door. I locked it before making my way towards the back of the school, where I saw him leaning against the brick wall.

"Hey baby," He teased as he drew another puff and I stood beside him. He kept the blunt in his mouth and steadied his hands on my waist before lifting me up and placing me on the brick wall.

A few of the bricks came off so now it's just a half-wall. He didn't move his hands from my waist and stood in between my legs as I took the blunt from his mouth and drew a puff. "Where you been?" He asked as his hands fiddled with the hem of my skirt.

"School," I responded nonchalantly. He gave me a look and I sighed playfully before leaning down towards his face and he pressed a soft kiss on my cheek.

"I want ice cream," I announced as I changed the subject and he grinned. "Are you asking me to get you ice cream?" He teased and I nodded. "Let's go," He said as he helped me off the wall but didn't put me down. I wrapped my legs around his waist and rested my head on his shoulder as he walked back towards the parking lot.

𐐒𐐚 ° ˚ ₒ ∞ 𐐒𐐚 ° ˚ ₒ ∞ 𐐒𐐚

"So there's no hope for us?" Nick asked as I took another lick of my ice cream. "Nick I already told you. Something happened in the past-" I began and he sighed deeply. "And you lost someone you love and you don't think you could ever feel that way for someone else. You said it like a hundred times when we were in New York," He drawled and I smiled.

"Listen," I said as I stopped him and looked up at him. "You're a great guy, and I do like you," I said and he held me close. "Then why can't you give me a chance?" He asked truthfully and I didn't know how to respond.

I know he cares about me a lot, and we did spend pretty much the whole year on the road together. I met him and Beatrix at a gas station. They need a lift to Kentucky and I was headed in that direction anyway. They didn't wanna leave me so we just ended up driving to places together.

It's a lot better outside of Werveieme.

"If you're gonna turn me down," He began and I snapped out of my daze. "Turn me down because you don't like me. Don't do it because you're too scared to try," He reasoned and he has a point. "Nick, I do like you, and you know that," I hissed as I looked at the half-melted ice cream in my hand.

I dropped it in the nearby bin. "Prove it," He said softly and I placed both hands on his face. I crashed my lips against his and he instantly pulled me closer.

I locked my hands around the back of his neck and pulled him towards me. I pulled away and looked into his eyes. They were an unusual electric blue.

Carter's face appeared in front of me and I gasped loudly and immediately jumped away from his grasp. My breathing became erratic as I bent forward and placed my hands on my knees as I took deep breaths.