chapter three

The hotel was luxurious.Jenny was relaxing knowing that she didnot have to pay a dime.

Three days passed. Jenny spent them on the beach taking sun baths. She had gained a beautiful brown color that hid her paleness. Her blonde hair became lighter which added to her beauty.

Jenny wore her green bikini and fromthe gazes of men, she knew it fit her tall height. As she was sunbathing,she heard screams. A child was drowning . Everybody gathered at the beach. Where is the lifeguard??? Everyone asked. She couldnt wait anylonger ,she ran and threw herself into the water and swam with all her strength as fast as she could. She grabbed the child who was unconscious and dragged her to safety. She checked her breath ,but there was none. She tried to remember the lessons she had taken when she used to be a Red Cross member inorder to apply them on the seven-year old girl. Luckily her memory didnot fail her. Meanwhile the ambulance arrived and took the child. Her mother was crying hysterically and as she was stepping into the ambulance,she held Jenny's hands and thanked her warmly.

At the evening of the same day,Jenny knew from the receptionist that the girl's family,a mother and a brother,have been staying at the hotel for two weeks. She inquired about the girl's health and was relieved to know the girl was fine.

Five days later ,Jenny got bored of the routine she was living. She decided to go shopping. She opened her closet and her eyes set on a pink dress that suited her blonde hair and dark eyes . She looked at her reflection in the mirror and was pleased at the result. She was no longer that pale ghost who arrived here a couple of weeks ago. As she was promenading in the stores ,thinking what to buy for her boss since his birthday was near,a sign attracted her attention. The sign said :"Watches :ON SALE". She hurried to the shop and suddenly collided into someone who apparently seemed to be entering the shop at the same time. Jenny felt herself going to fall when two strong arms held her thin waist quickly preventing her fall. "Forgive me . How blunt I am sometimes ". She was trying to appologize when suddenly she became paralyzed as her eyes were set on the person's face. He was that policeman who saved her once! Oneil.

"Are you used to bumping into people?",he said coldly.

"I have apologized to you . I assure you it was of no former plan."

"I see . You're Miss Cord,right?"

"Mister Oneil I guess. " They shook hands and directly she felt like she was electrified.

"What are you doing here?",he asked eagerly.

"I am on vacation". She replied trying to busy herself with the watches.

"Are you here due to work?",she asked looking into his amazing eyes.

"Family problems...",he said shortly.

She examined the watches nervously, because he was studying her curiously. Finally ,she picked up a simply designed watch from Tissout and decided that this is the one that will capture Jim's admiration for sure.

"Please ,would you wrap it for me ? It's a gift". She told the shop keeper.

"Lucky is the man who will wear it . It seems that there is a very close relationship between the two of you to buy him such an expensive watch",exclaimed Blake as he was moving his eyes from the watch to her face and vice versa.

"Indeed ,an intimate one . You see he is my boss, and my close friend",she answered innocently as she was putting the gift into her purse. She saluted the owner ,nodded at Blake and walked out of the shop feeling that fire was burning her face.