chapter seven

(Author's note: thanks for all the readers who voted ,i would like to hear your comments about the story so far. I would like to know what do you think whether you liked it or not, ).

Blake escorted Jenny to her room. She was feeling as if she was flying without wings, her soul soaring away, her heart beats pounding so loudly as if they were beating drums. Could it be love?

She invited him to stay a while. "What about you Blake?. Dont you have a family of your own ?".

"My sister Anna and I were the only children of a policeman who was killed on the line of duty".

Jenny felt regret for asking .she started to appologize. He interrupted her and said:'Its okay . He was chasing some drug dealers".

"That's why you became a policeman , you wanted revenge?", Jenny asked.

"Policeman?...No Im not a policeman ,I am a Federal Agent . I work for the FBI".

"Wow thats something big!".

They both smiled to eachother . The evening ended with a kiss ,a long one ....

The following days were happy days for Jenny . She lost track of time . Being with Blake was like magic . He was so cool ;he can be funny sometimes . He was a responsible  and a loving uncle .

This evening she was invited to dinner in a fancy restaurant. She didnt know what to wear ,because she hadnt pack an evening dress with her. She didnot think she would need it. Well she didnt have much choice. She shrugged her shoulders and decided to wear her silk blouse and light blue pants. Suddenly there was aknock on the door . She wondered who could it be. A little girl with a grand box was standing at the door .

"For you Signiorita",said the girl shyly.

Jenny took the box wondering who would have sent the box . She read the scrap of paper attached to it :wear this for me,Blake.

She blushed . Quickly she opened the box , and a beautiful dark red tradional mexican silk dress poped out. She was pleased at her reflection when she looked at the mirror. It fitted her perfectly . Luckily she had black heels that match .

Blake was dressed formally , she couldnt help but admire his handsomeness . She caught a look of admiration i  his eyes. The resataurant was romantic . Dim lights ,candle lights , and soft music all over the place. They were seated at a table for two in the middle of the restaurant. She could see the mexican band playing its muzica.

"Are you happy?", whispered Blake.

"Unbelievable ,its so romantic". Blake waved for the waiter to serve dinner. They started with Pozole (a soup made with hominy ,beef broth ,pork and chicken) . It was so delicious . Then each had a plate of Ceviche(fish marinated in lime and tossed with onions ,tomatoes,cilantro and  spiced with green chilli).

She was just finishing her plate, when Blake took out a small black box and presented it on the table next to her hand .

"Come on , open it",he said encouragingly. She opened the box wondering what could it be. The moment she laid eyes on the content ,her mouth opened with amazement . Her eyes dazzled as they were spectating the diamond ring.

"Oh Blake! Its wonderful ..."

"I ....I cant accept such an expensive gift". She closed the box intending to give it back, when he held her hand midway and pushed the box towards her .

"Wait ",he said,"Its your engagement ring!". He looked at her and watched her surprize.

"Jenny will you marry me?".

"Oh Blake ,why me?",she blunted. What a stupid question to ask ,but she wanted to know how much she meant to him.

"I want you,isnt that enough". He was surprized at her reaction ; he thought she was feeling the same about him.

"Is that all! You want me,so you're gonna marry me????". "Isnt this the main reason why a man marries a woman?".

Anger overcame her ,as well disappointment . He cant be that shallow . Maybe he was and she didnot know it.

She stood up :"Sorry ,I cant marry you. " she turned her back to walk away ,when he stopped her with his strong arm . Oh it hurts and its gonna leave a bruise, she thought.

"Am I not enough for you. I see you are yearning to your old beloved,arent you?. Isnt he older than you,Jenny. I checked him up,he is sixty ,old enough to be your father. Wake up Jenny . Life is not a bowl of cherries".

"What are talking about ? You fool."

"Come on ! Stop this act of innocence,girl. I know all about your affair with the boss".

SLAP,she hitted him hardly on the face. People stopped what they were doing and looked at them. Silence prevailed. What is he thinking of her?

Tears overcame her eyes and she lost sense of the world around her ,as if her senses were isolated. He didnot move . He just stood there emotionless. He gave her a stiffed look,a scorned one .

She could not stand it anymore; embarrassed , she ran out of the restaurant tearful. Blake collapsd on the table with his hands covering his face . What had he done?

Jenny ran hysterically ,wishing the earth to swallow her. She crossed the street ,unaware of the car aporoaching her . All she felt was herself flying in the air and then falling to hit the ground ......